Massages

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyjade

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was looking at massages and just wondered if some one could help me out? I wanted to do a Balinese massage course but when I googled it it came up with this, Indonesian and Mande Lular massages all being the same thing? I've seen it shown as different too though? So now I'm really confused?

Oh while I'm at it, I was looking at Lomi Lomi too and hands free came up but again, I thought they were different? :confused:

Hey everyone, I was looking at massages and just wondered if some one could help me out? I wanted to do a Balinese massage course but when I googled it it came up with this, Indonesian and Mande Lular massages all being the same thing? I've seen it shown as different too though? So now I'm really confused?

Hi amyjade,
be confused no longer, I will explain. (lol).

Indonesian massage is a deep massage involving compression movements. the Mande lulur is infact a scrub which can be applied, the good thing is you would be learning 2 things so you can mix and match.
Balinese massage is more of a swedish massage and it is often accompanied by a boreh, this is again a scrub.

the Indonesian people believe you should prepare the skin for better sensation therefore use a scrub prior to the treatment.

Lomi lomi or Hawaaiian massage is a long flowing rhythmic massage, the client lies with nothing on and you cover their butt only with a batik so that you can have access to the full body, you can then work from foot, travel up the leg, over the back and arms and then down the opposite foot. the massage creates waves, as you travel over the body and as I said you can work on the whole body in one sweep.

Hands free is where you use your forearms to apply massage with the assitance of your body to guide the movement. You engage your forearm onto the body and then circle with your whole body and arm at the same time, therefore much kinder to your body and your hands. The aim is that you don't resort to using your thumbs and hands.

Deep tissue/trigger points is where you locate areas of tension in the body and using either your knuckles, thumbs or elbows release it.

HTH

Oh this is so great! Thank you so much! I wish all the people teaching the courses knew as much as you...

Latest posts

Back