Matching this colour-Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickiemma

Reaction score
My friend is having a few problems lately- suffering with a bit of stress and depression which unfortunately is making her see the worst in everything. She has sent me a pic of how she wants her hair but is worried her hair will break/fall out iv assured her this won't happen but in afraid if I get the wrong shade it'd send her over the edge!
Ok she's naturally a 5, colours it a base 4 - home colour, I'm thinking bleach 3% and wella 5/77 now please tell me if you think this is the best colour, I'm still relatively new to wella, thankyou 😊 ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413836287.061124.jpg

Your profile says you don't do hair hun?

Bloomin heck iv been trying to get my information to save since joining the site last year!! 😁I don't know why I can't do it!!il go in the laptop and see if I have more success I thought I'd mastered it ha! X

Right iv updated it and think iv finally done it right! Ha! Now, any advice on the colour choice? X

What would the 77 stand for? I don't know wella, is it double mahogany?

Brunette kahuna. I'm bored the fan needs turning on.

Stop trying to cause trouble cam. If you've no input to the OP question then get off her post.

Stop trying to cause trouble cam. If you've no input to the OP question then get off her post.

Sorry. Won't joke again. Neither have you got input so...

Can we please keep this thread on topic and try to help the OP please?

Just because the profile is incomplete, it doesn't necessarily mean the OP is unqualified. It could be for any number of reasons, one of which could be because full access with the required web browser is required.

Thanks.

Have you done a strand test to see if the condition of her hair will allow pre lightening?
Does she want her hair to go from that dark, which looks darker than a 4, to lighter ends?
Maybe, condition allowing, you could lighten up the ends from what she has now and tone according to what level it lifts. I tend to use colour touch to tone if it's darker than an 8 as I find I get a better look and coverage as well as maintaining a good condition. The glitter pigment in colour touch always adds a nice finish from using them.

Have you done a strand test to see if the condition of her hair will allow pre lightening?
Does she want her hair to go from that dark, which looks darker than a 4, to lighter ends?
Maybe, condition allowing, you could lighten up the ends from what she has now and tone according to what level it lifts. I tend to use colour touch to tone if it's darker than an 8 as I find I get a better look and coverage as well as maintaining a good condition. The glitter pigment in colour touch always adds a nice finish from using them.

Agree that the roots darker. Around a 3. I think the ends have an almost mahogany tone to then to be honest.

Can we please keep this thread on topic and try to help the OP please?

Just because the profile is incomplete, it doesn't necessarily mean the OP is unqualified. It could be for any number of reasons, one of which could be because full access with the required web browser is required.

Thanks.

Thanks Kim!
I'm fully qualified, run my own salon, just needed a bit of advice as new to wella was previously matrix, I presented my own ideas, wanted to double check them, isn't that what this site is for?? Not someone trying to be a "smarty pants" but hey, what ever makes you feel good! As I say my friend is suffering depression, really don't want to get it wrong - that's all!! It tried completing my profile earlier, I don't know if it's showing up to you but it is now complete, so please, no more pointless posts on here, if you want it to be treated as a professional site, try acting professional first!

Thanks! I will strand test first, though she does have really good strong hair, and she never has the colour all the way through.... She wants her roots darker so that's no problem, and your right colour touch will also probably hold better than kp, much appreciated x

I agree it'll probably lift very warm if it's been box dyed lots you'll probably get reds and maybe coppers so I would lift up to a 7, 8 if possible (the ends will probably stay a red) then tone after but you'll have to pick your toner when you see the lifting results

I wasn't being a smarty pants? It diddnt say you did hair earlier?

I wasn't being a smarty pants? It diddnt say you did hair earlier?

Not you kahuna, I appreciate your help and also understand my profile etc, but the post that had nothing to do with the question I asked

It's going to lift up a lot of red anyway. Possibly even orange depending on how light you get it. I would lift to a realistic level and go with a /7 colour as you previously suggested.

Agreed I just googled the wella chart the .7 looks good :)

Thankyou everyone :) much appreciated :)

Latest posts

Back