Maternity leave ~help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thinkpink2008

Reaction score
Hey geeks,
really hoping you guys can help. I'm 5 months pregnant with my baby being due on 15th December. This is you'll have guessed means i wont be working over Christmas, think the worst time I could be off but hey,what can you do!
What i'm looking for advice on is that i run a salo with my sisterandwill be leaving her on her own for the 3 months im off. Wedefinately need another technician but not sure whether to hire someone or rent out my desk? what do you guys think?
what would you do and why?
thanks guys xx

I had the same dilema a few months back (although luckily I was only 5 months pregnant over Christmas so I could still work)

I was originally going to rent the room whilst I was off but this didn't work out as it was to complicated.

I did also think about employing someone but decided that I just didn't have the time to sort everything out and I just don't have the time to go into the salon when im not working to check on things so whoever I employed would of just been left to their own devices which was not appealing to me !

I ended up going back to work one day a week when he was 8 weeks old as I didn't want to loose all my clients.

Are you planning to return to work after you've had your baby ? I would be inclined to just rent the desk out as its less hassle imo.

yes, im planning on part time to start of with from when hes 2 - 3 months when my mom will baby sit. thinking renting the desk is probably best as they can continue to use it during hours i dont work or something i hope!

Latest posts

Back