Maternity Pay melt down!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystaltash

Reaction score
Hi all.....I'm so confused about Maternity pay.
I received advanced funding to cover my staff members SMP which was great. However, now every month when I calculate what PAYE payments are due to HMRC, the software is telling me I dont owe anything because of the SMP that I'm paying this girl. But I thought thats what the advanced funding was for and my PAYE payments would go on as normal.
Also, whenever I put the SMP into the software it tells me that I should be paying the girl £145.76 instead of the £136.78....its adding on £9 somewhere, so I have just been paying what I'm told to pay! I only have 3 employees, one of which doesnt earn enough to be paying tax and NI. I also use the HMRC RTI software. I have phoned HMRC twice about this and they didnt explain it very well and werent very helpful. I dont want to be hit with a big bill in case I'm doing something wrong. Can someone help me? Thank you.

Can anyone help? Please? :confused:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Bit of a tricky one as you are already using HMRC software and one would assume it is correct. I can only suggest calling them again and get them to explain it again, or email them then you have their explanation in black and white. Maybe not the respomse you were hoping for but all I can suggest right now. If you email, then you have a paper trail in case they then change their mind.

Latest posts

Back