Mates Rates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mm29

Reaction score
What are your mates rates??

20%off for family and 3 close friends, and cover the cost of a tube of colour if it's used for my mum and bf. xoxo

Everyone else full price. My mum lost a old friend because I wouldn't give her discount.
The way I see it, she's not my friend, so why discount? I even charge most of my friends full price so I think she had a cheek myself xoxo

im finding it quit tricky recently moved and i do alot of hair working round my girlies, and feel alot of people take advantage. Had a few situations when they dont bring purse :evil: good idea percentage off end of chat

i'm currently training so i am only practicing on my family,if colouring i do ask if they wouldn't mind covering the cost of the tint,which they are happy to pay.but when i do go into business i will only do mate rates for my mum,sister, and my mother in law,as these are the only ones that i have practiced on and are happy to let me practice.
sazza

When they call and ask for appointment tell them the price, of they "forget" their purse, tell them to pop around the next day with it or ur free x day and will pop to theirs xpxo

i'm currently training so i am only practicing on my family,if colouring i do ask if they wouldn't mind covering the cost of the tint,which they are happy to pay.but when i do go into business i will only do mate rates for my mum,sister, and my mother in law,as these are the only ones that i have practiced on and are happy to let me practice.
sazza

good for you i just feel since iv moved and everyone found out im a hairdresser iv gained alot of "friends". once you get in the loop of doing them for next to nothing its so hard to say hold on a min your taking the piss

i see it as do they give u discount wen u shop in there work places? only people i do cheap is my famly realy. sometimes do offers for friend but dont do it wer i feel like im loosing out. wen u start doing peoples hair free or cheaper its hard to put prices up. some people are cheeky tho, but we need to make a living! x

Print up a price list, give them one each with a laminated card saying how much discount they get or being a friend, any complaints tell them the in structured pricing wasn't working and you now need to charge £x because of time and products. You may lose some of the as you put it "friends" but if you do, we're they really a friend? Xoxo

When they call and ask for appointment tell them the price, of they "forget" their purse, tell them to pop around the next day with it or ur free x day and will pop to theirs xpxo

Im currently living in MOD Camp, so they are all pretty much neighbours, well the ones that take advantage are, its all changing as im doing them so often and making next to nothing, my fault i know for being to soft

Print up a price list, give them one each with a laminated card saying how much discount they get or being a friend, any complaints tell them the in structured pricing wasn't working and you now need to charge £x because of time and products. You may lose some of the as you put it "friends" but if you do, we're they really a friend? Xoxo

:Scared: iv done this.... honestly its mad, one "friend" tonight wanted her hair stripping so i told her it would be £40 + Col cost guess what, she gonna have a think!! My hubby is ready to answer the door and say f**k off youv had enough freebies!!

I don't do mates rates, they don't give me discount from fuel or off my tesco shopping!! Or clothes!! They don't take advantage either then!

i see it as do they give u discount wen u shop in there work places? only people i do cheap is my famly realy. sometimes do offers for friend but dont do it wer i feel like im loosing out. wen u start doing peoples hair free or cheaper its hard to put prices up. some people are cheeky tho, but we need to make a living! x

God iv learned this lesson since moving, i never had this prob before..

I don't do mates rates, they don't give me discount from fuel or off my tesco shopping!! Or clothes!! They don't take advantage either then!

good on you, taking all this on board

Ignore these "I'll have a thinkers" and really go all out on the good clients, make them look a million$ let the bad clients see what they miss from their £2.50 cuts and cheap box colours. Mates rates are exactly what they say, for mates, and how close mates? To me it's extremely close mates and my family.
Don't back down its not a hobby, it's a legit business and they sure as s**t wouldn't be like that in a salon. Xoxo

10%

That's it.

I charge 4 of my closest friends £10 for cbd and £30 for a colour :o
everyone else full price!!

I don't even do friends hair, only family. X

Im at college at the moment and really enjoying it so not sure from a business side but at the moment i am trying to encourage my friends and family to come into teh college for me to practice on and do my assessments. Most of tehm are great and think that the act they are helping me and etting the service at knocked down college prices love it, but some student friends are really strugglingas to get their friends and family in as they wont pay, they have got to the point of offering to pay for the service for the client just to get models in!!

Iv decided once i finish college any "Friends" i do will recieve a monthly offer of a service at a reduced rate, that way i can proote my services and they think there getting a good price, my best friend, mum and grandma will be the only people outside my house that will recieve "freebies" as such, Only pay for the products used.

At the end of the day, im training to be in the industry because i have a passion for it and want to be the best at what i do, but at the same time daily living costs are rising rapidly and we cant live on tahnks thats great and oooh your such a good friend.

My one extreemly good friend gets 20% off and she does not make this fact known or take the mickey either.

My mum could have anything done for free but she lives so far away she has not had anything done by me yet lol.

I did my sisters Minx nails for free for her wedding and offered her a free tan too but she chose not to have a tan (she lives in the same area as my mum and I had to travel up the night before the wedding just to do her nails then my boyfriend and kids came up the next day as there was nowhere for everyone to sleep).

I charge everyone else full price, I am at the moment considering offering one other very good friend a 10% discount as she is loyal and has never asked for any discount.

Latest posts

Back