Math exam tomorrow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Zoe*

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I am currently in uni studying a degree in mathematics and I have a three hours exam tomorrow. Feeling so nervous and not ready that everything I think about it I feel like throwing up!

To make myself feel better I am sat revising while burning ET candle and drinking camomile tea. Need to relax. Breeeeeeath.

Any tips on relaxing or exams?

I know how you feel Zoe :hug: What exam are you doing tomorrow, is it calculus, linear algebra, stats,... ? If you're revising at the last minute - been there before - I would recommend doing lots of worked exercises, even if you just read the solutions it'll jog your memory and get things back in your head :) Make sure you have enough to eat and drink (not alcohol :lol:) beforehand so your brain is functioning at the max :) And good luck x

As the above has said, get an early night and have a good breakfast, make sure you have plenty water. I used to go to uni early enough to nip to the ladies, nothing worse than having to get out of an exam for the toilet!

Oh and pick what you are going to wear tonight! I always wore something comfy, nice cardi so you can take it off/put it on depending how you feel. Nothing worse than being uncomfy, all these wee things help you get in the right frame of mind.

Good luck, hth! Xx

Oh, and read through the exam paper first then have a go at the easier questions - hopefully notch up some marks to take some pressure off. Don't make a mountain out of a molehill - some questions may be quite easy. And don't worry about writing out perfect solutions, just get stuff down to pick up marks!

I know how you feel Zoe :hug: What exam are you doing tomorrow, is it calculus, linear algebra, stats,... ? If you're revising at the last minute - been there before - I would recommend doing lots of worked exercises, even if you just read the solutions it'll jog your memory and get things back in your head :) Make sure you have enough to eat and drink (not alcohol :lol:) beforehand so your brain is functioning at the max :) And good luck x

Ouwww hello, long time no speak :)

It's algebra and analysis which is a bit of a mixed bag of everything. Glad it's not calc though! lol

It is last minute revision which is not usual like me. The lure of Xmas was too much :) think I am ok with everything part from proof by induction, and radius of convergence. It's not coming back to me . . . Think I might have to read some more on it. Urgh!

Anyway how's u?

Oh, and read through the exam paper first then have a go at the easier questions - hopefully notch up some marks to take some pressure off. Don't make a mountain out of a molehill - some questions may be quite easy. And don't worry about writing out perfect solutions, just get stuff down to pick up marks!

Thank you! I will try :)

As the above has said, get an early night and have a good breakfast, make sure you have plenty water. I used to go to uni early enough to nip to the ladies, nothing worse than having to get out of an exam for the toilet!

Oh and pick what you are going to wear tonight! I always wore something comfy, nice cardi so you can take it off/put it on depending how you feel. Nothing worse than being uncomfy, all these wee things help you get in the right frame of mind.

Good luck, hth! Xx

Thank you :)

Ouwww hello, long time no speak :)

It's algebra and analysis which is a bit of a mixed bag of everything. Glad it's not calc though! lol

It is last minute revision which is not usual like me. The lure of Xmas was too much :) think I am ok with everything part from proof by induction, and radius of convergence. It's not coming back to me . . . Think I might have to read some more on it. Urgh!

Anyway how's u?

I quite enjoy calc! And do some proof by induction problems - assuming the induction statement is true for 'n' then show it's true for 'n+1', and say it's true for some starting value, say 1, and the next value, 2, the statement is then true for all values greater than 1 by induction (the domino effect), as I recall anyway :)

And I'm good thanks :) Taking a break from courses, I'll go for Honours later - blew it last year, I didn't work hard enough!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back