Matrix colour sync taken patchy!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellie94

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Looking for some advice! I had a client this afternoon who was a box coloured base 7 with a very strong gold tone, who wanted to go violet. So I prelightened her hair using the Matrix UL-V+ my thinking was as we had a lot of gold to work with I was better off lightening and toning all in one. I left to take for 50mins with a plastic cap on at room temp. Washed off and used Fudge clean blonde to shampoo. We ended up with a lovely neutral level 10 blonde which was completely even. I didn't apply conditioner as didn't want to create a barrier for the toner, I then mixed Colour Sync water blue and water violet to create a custom lilac shade, I left to develop for 20/25 minutes and then asked a junior to wash the colour off for me. When I returned to my client her hair was a patchy mess! Her roots had a golden tinge, a section on the crown was extremely gold and other areas of her hair were the lovely lilac I hoped for! So i dried the hair just to make sure, and when dry it looked even worse. So I went back in with the same formula, reapplying to the golden areas (incase I had done a sloppy application) left for 20 minutes again, for the hair not to have even the slightest tone of lilac. I then decided to go in with 8P and SPV thinking maybe I just needed a base, I covered the whole head and again the rest of the hair was a beautiful colour except the crown, the client didn't see a problem with the colour and really quite liked the golden tones shining through, but I still wasn't happy. Why would only one section of her hair not take the colour? When the highlift took so beautifully? Thank you in advance!

Hi guys,
Looking for some advice! I had a client this afternoon who was a box coloured base 7 with a very strong gold tone, who wanted to go violet. So I prelightened her hair using the Matrix UL-V+ my thinking was as we had a lot of gold to work with I was better off lightening and toning all in one. I left to take for 50mins with a plastic cap on at room temp. Washed off and used Fudge clean blonde to shampoo. We ended up with a lovely neutral level 10 blonde which was completely even. I didn't apply conditioner as didn't want to create a barrier for the toner, I then mixed Colour Sync water blue and water violet to create a custom lilac shade, I left to develop for 20/25 minutes and then asked a junior to wash the colour off for me. When I returned to my client her hair was a patchy mess! Her roots had a golden tinge, a section on the crown was extremely gold and other areas of her hair were the lovely lilac I hoped for! So i dried the hair just to make sure, and when dry it looked even worse. So I went back in with the same formula, reapplying to the golden areas (incase I had done a sloppy application) left for 20 minutes again, for the hair not to have even the slightest tone of lilac. I then decided to go in with 8P and SPV thinking maybe I just needed a base, I covered the whole head and again the rest of the hair was a beautiful colour except the crown, the client didn't see a problem with the colour and really quite liked the golden tones shining through, but I still wasn't happy. Why would only one section of her hair not take the colour? When the highlift took so beautifully? Thank you in advance!
Ulv + is a high lift?

Didn't know u toned over UL 'S

Latest posts

Back