Matrix styling products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melanie86

Reaction score
Hi, I've got a wedding trial in a couple of weeks and she wants her hair up and sleek (no curls). I use Matrix but I don't do a lot of bridal hair at the moment, so I was wondering what were the best Matrix products to use? I was going to use heated rollers to get the volume and maybe do something like a plete. Is there anything that will help keep it in but not make the hair too hard? And what blow drying product is best to use? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hey, blow dry with the amplify... They do a thickening gel
And as regards to hairspray, I've forgotten the range name within matrix... But it's black and red packaging and they do 2 diff hairsprays, one is softer.
Hope this helps, been a while since I used matrix!
xxx

Hi, I've got a wedding trial in a couple of weeks and she wants her hair up and sleek (no curls). I use Matrix but I don't do a lot of bridal hair at the moment, so I was wondering what were the best Matrix products to use? I was going to use heated rollers to get the volume and maybe do something like a plete. Is there anything that will help keep it in but not make the hair too hard? And what blow drying product is best to use? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ohhhh matrix....YAY!! my Forte!! lol what ya got in stock? I'd say shampoo and condition with something for volume either biolage or Total Results, Then thermo glide on just the very ends to keep em smooth an heat protected, and Go big mousse throughout the rest of the hair, blow dry big and get a curl on it before putting rollers in, when you put them in just lightly mist the section of hair with some Iron-in, leave rollers to cool an away you go, maybe try zoom force as your spray when your putting it up so you get a bit more working time?

Hey, blow dry with the amplify... They do a thickening gel
And as regards to hairspray, I've forgotten the range name within matrix... But it's black and red packaging and they do 2 diff hairsprays, one is softer.
Hope this helps, been a while since I used matrix!
xxx

Sorry hun, amplify thickening gel has gone!!

Arr thanks guys, this has been really helpful. By black and red do you mean the big sexy hair range? I used to use Matrix in the salon before I went mobile and liked it so I could do with some product training really. I just want to make sure I get it right as I don't have much confidence with knowing I'm using the right things with having no one to double check with. Thank you both :biggrin:

Ohhhh matrix....YAY!! my Forte!! lol what ya got in stock? I'd say shampoo and condition with something for volume either biolage or Total Results, Then thermo glide on just the very ends to keep em smooth an heat protected, and Go big mousse throughout the rest of the hair, blow dry big and get a curl on it before putting rollers in, when you put them in just lightly mist the section of hair with some Iron-in, leave rollers to cool an away you go, maybe try zoom force as your spray when your putting it up so you get a bit more working time?

What is the go big mousse under? I've not heard of that one, I used to use root pump plus in the big sexy hair x

What is the go big mousse under? I've not heard of that one, I used to use root pump plus in the big sexy hair x

It's part of the design pulse range :) really simple to use ;) nothing set in stone :) try them and message if you need help I've got them all in salon x

Loveee the go big mousse, its design pulse Matrix.

BTW - black and red or black and silver can hairspray is Matrix VAVOOM. Its my favorite :biggrin:

Thanks guys, I'll defo be trying that one then :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back