Matte gel polish top coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holly Boyce

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know of a good matte gel polish top coat to just apply to any colour? Looking for a really good matte finish!

I normally just do two topcoats and then lightly buff

InkLondon iLac do a Matte topcoat which is great ☺

I believe gelish do, and Lish

Thanks guys, I have the ink London one but never got the matte I desired!

I buff too - after reading loads of threads on here seemed there isn't a perfect gel polish matt. So I thought I would save myself the money and buff. Did it for the first time the other week and worked pretty well xxx

Attachments

• 1463395378194.jpg
    1463395378194.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 119
Gel bottle inc do a fab matte top coat and I especially love their no wipe top coat, for reg polish I use opi matte :)

OPI has one but it's more of a satin effect that true matte but it works

Apparently Barry m do a really good Matt topcoat I haven't personally used it but a lot of techs seem to love it

I don't have a gel matte coat but I use Essie's 'Matte about you' over a completed shellac service. The coverage is really even and a lovely matte. Also, if the matte is no longer wanted (I've done this myself) a swipe of non acetone remover and you're back to super shiny gels.

Apparently Barry m do a really good Matt topcoat I haven't personally used it but a lot of techs seem to love it
I've tried several and this is the best one I've found.

Do you put it over a finished nail like cured topcoat?
Yes it doesn't stay completely matte until the next appointment but it's the 'mattest' one and the longest lasting I've tried so far...

I usually use Gelish Matt top coat and then go in with the OPI Matt top coat which seems to take off the slight sheen it has on it xx

Madam Glam seems good. Not used it but read great reviews

Hey IBD gel top coat is amazing x

Latest posts

Back