Matte nails - thoughts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the advice geeks... And there was me thinking this was a new phenomenon... haha... in all my years of doing nails, I've never seen this look... blimey, where have I been?!! :zzz:

xx

You can create any matte nail look with Shellac, Gelcolor or Gelish. Apply products like normal except apply 2 layers of top coat, curing between each layer. Remove sticky. Buff shine off with a white buffer block. Applying 2 layers of top coat will keep you fom buffing ino the color. Wipe clean, then apply top coat in areas ou want glossy.

I don't do Nail Enhancements so the only files I use are 240 grit. Do I need a particular buffer file to do this or will my normal file do the job if I file off gently?

I don't do Nail Enhancements so the only files I use are 240 grit. Do I need a particular buffer file to do this or will my normal file do the job if I file off gently?
The CND Koala buffers have a super fine 1200 grit side and this is what we use to matte the top coat, which is why the matte looks so much better than in the photos where a 240 has been used.

There is NO need for a second layer of Shellac Top Coat if you use the 1200 side of the Koala buffer. All extra time and extra money adding unnecessary coats ... Better to spend a little and to get the right tools for the job. :Love:

PS you wipe your feet on a mat ... When something is dull it is matte. :lol:

Last edited:
The CND Koala buffers have a super fine 1200 grit side and this is what we use to matte the top coat, which is why the matte looks so much better than in the photos where a 240 has been used.

There is NO need for a second layer of Shellac Top Coat if you use the 1200 side of the Koala buffer. All extra time and extra money adding unnecessary coats ... Better to spend a little and to get the right tools for the job. :Love:

Then I shall wait to try this effect ( :eek: ) and add one of these files onto my next shopping list :wink2: Waiting......now there's something new.......

Latest posts

Back