Matted hair extensions... please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alixxx

Reaction score
hi geeks...
ive bben doing hair extensions for a year now using cinderella hair and i have been happy with each client that i have done until last week.... one of my clients came in on saturday for a blowdry her natural hair is quiet long but she has a full head in. when i was drying it i noticed alot of the top layer at the back was very matted above the glue i said to her il have to remove the top one s even though they are only in a month and shes coming back on saturday.. im sooooo scared i wont be able to get the matting out i cant even sleep thinking about it.. has this happend to anyone? any sugestions?
any help would be so appreciated.. thank u....x

i had my glue in extensions in for 3 months at the back of my head i had a bad dose of natting drove me crazy i cut it off but was a tiny bit, some relieve though

Don't worry! AppLy remover to the bond and crunch as usual then spray with leave in conditioner and gently comb out from the bottom. She won't even feel it.
Osmo essence yellow one is really good for this.
X
if she's got quite long hair get her to brush out the layers separately to stop it in the future.
X

thanks a million for your help..... my client rang on satand said she cant make and is coming this sat.
il do that with the leave in conditioner and hope for the best....

thanks again girls,,,x

Yes,apply remover to the bonds that are matted. Condition the hair throughly afterwards, hopefully that should cure any matting.

The Tangle Teazer is great for matted hairs and you can even use it on extensions :)

The Tangle Teazer is great for matted hairs and you can even use it on extensions :)

Got to agree. Tangle Teezers are fab on matting!

I wouldn't worry to much, once you have the extension out the matting should come out easy enough.
If you have never had this problem before then I would probably go back through the aftercare with your client. It may be an aftercare problem and not down to application. :)

i had my glue in extensions in for 3 months at the back of my head i had a bad dose of natting drove me crazy i cut it off but was a tiny bit, some relieve though
yes thats correct all the advise given on this page is great. simpy get to the bonds and disolve and remove hair extensions first and only the start to remove the nots. the nots shouldnt too bad but if they are simply carefully pull apart the nots by picking the outer hair from the nots working your way into the core of the not. (must be very patient)

Latest posts

Back