Mature student college interview

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabtans

Reaction score
HI,
I have my college interview shortly for a full time level 2 beauty course and hopefully continue to level 3 ...Im almost 43...only experience is tanning. Im planning to work full time again in beauty and tanning in approx 2/3 yrs time (when my youngest will be 9), but in the meanwhile gain some good qualifications along the way.
You are all so helpful,Im just wondering if there is anything I should add to my 'question list' before I attend, so Ive covered everything. There is sure to be something Ive not thought about that someone experienced out-there may be able to advise me on for this interview.
Thanks a lot,

I was at a college interview yesterday. I asked..

Is this an nvq or vrq?
What does the course cost and is funding available for my circumstances?
How full time is full time?
How much does the kit cost?
Will it be an adult class or is it 16 to 18 as well?

Enjoy your interview. I have always found college ones to be friendly rather than daunting :)

HI,
I have my college interview shortly for a full time level 2 beauty course and hopefully continue to level 3 ...Im almost 43...only experience is tanning. Im planning to work full time again in beauty and tanning in approx 2/3 yrs time (when my youngest will be 9), but in the meanwhile gain some good qualifications along the way.
You are all so helpful,Im just wondering if there is anything I should add to my 'question list' before I attend, so Ive covered everything. There is sure to be something Ive not thought about that someone experienced out-there may be able to advise me on for this interview.
Thanks a lot,

Hi, You could maybe ask if they put you forward for 'add on' courses. I know when I was doing my level 2 there was opportunity to attend other courses like bio sculpture etc. Thats always worth knowing. Good luck with your interview xx

Yes, asking about 'add on' courses is a great idea. Some colleges plan a class visit to one of the professional beauty shows - maybe ask about this, too.

I was your age when I started my level 2 at one college and am in the middle of level 3 at another college. They couldn't be more different. Make sure the course and college are what you want. It can save heartache later.

Good luck!

Good luck with the interview :)

I had my interview for NVQ L2 hairdressing last week. I was very worried I would be the oldest and I'm 30, to be told there was 4 women over 50 that had applied too. Which put me more at ease as was worried it would be full of young girls not willing to learn. As the interview seemed to be full of them :(
I told them my plans for after I had completed the course, I looked up on a hairdresser who I looked up to. I also asked about add on courses through out the year, which they seemed happy with and asked if there was anything I could do now to get me ready for September which they were really pleased with :)
I then got offered a place with the level to be decide after skills tests results were back xx

Gosh really appreciate your replies - 3 extra questions for me not included on my list so thats been worth while, thanks a million all of you,:biggrin::biggrin:

Latest posts

Back