Mechanical removal of gel enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daisy Digits

Reaction score
Any ideas on how to deal with this problem? The gel enhancements on this lady have been picked off, or pinged off! Nails in badly delaminated condition, very flexible, with some of the gel still in place. She would like her nails looking 'nice', for the weekend. Must be honest, first time of dealing with this, and hopefully the last. Any ideas ladies, as I'm at a loss, and her appointment is 6:30pm tonight?:grr:

Very difficult to suggest without knowing what she means by 'nice' and not knowing what products you use. Can you give a little more information such as does she want enhancements or natural nails with polish or gel polish?

Sorry Pure, bit ambiguous there! She would like them shaping, as some nails are longer than others, and a colour.
I only use CND Shellac nail colours and Brisa Lite smoothing gel.
I should also mention that this lady is type 2 diabetic, has heart failure, and is on oxygen most of the time. Her list of medications reads like the BMJ! Any ideas?
Thank you so much for replying to my query as well. :)

I would file down what gel she has left on if it's really thick, get them to to desired shape & length, & I would use your brisa smoothing then offer colour in shellac if she would like it! X

Are you confident removing hard gel? Hopefully there's not much left so you could gently buff it smooth and then as fluffy26 says apply some Brisa Lite and it should do the job. If her nails are very damaged though you might want to warn her that she won't necessarily get a full 2 weeks wear. Good luck!

Also make sure she takes away some Solar Oil and understands how it will benefit and protect her nails and skin :)

Do you use IBX? This might help improve the delamination as long as no nail bed is exposed. I would use IBX, then B L Smoothing Gel followed by CND Shellac. X

Don't have IBX but may well have to invest. Thank you all so much. Will let you know how I go on. xxx

Don't have IBX but may well have to invest. Thank you all so much. Will let you know how I go on. xxx

It's very reasonably priced. UK suppliers are Louella Belle. X

Latest posts

Back