Mermaid nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawna

Reaction score
3F9DC971-D048-45B7-AEED-D368FF3C5763.jpeg

I’m looking to do this on my own nails but was wondering if anyone has any ideas how to do the scales as the base coat would be the ombré ? Is there a sentcil for just the lines of the shell or do I have to hand paint it ?

Also for the chrome how do I do that ? As I have never worked with getting a chrome effect before

I think water decals woukd be you best option for the scales. If I remember correctly, you also get 3D transfers which may be suitable for the shell. For the chrome, you can buy chrome dust which you then rub onto your gel. Certain chrome powders have slightly different ways of applying. The instructions are usually pretty straight forward. Hope this helps. Good luck. It's a beautiful set of nails.

The ones in the picture are hand painted but you can also get stamping plates for this.
With the chrome you normally would need a no wipe top coat then you rub the chrome powder into it and top coat again.

Latest posts

Back