Metal 3D bow will not stick!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurenSparkles

Reaction score
Hi :)

As the title says iv purchased some gorge crystal metal 3d bows. I tried for 40 mins earlier trying to stick it to my nail!!!

Iv tried gel bond, Nsi glue & cheap glue. Eventually it stuck.., until I put the washing in the dryer! Grrr.

Does Any one have any tips?

Thanks xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361734234.796108.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361734234.796108.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 335
I stick mine on with a small bead of acrylic
:) xx

I stick mine on with a small bead of acrylic
:) xx

+1

They stay on forever with a tiny bead of acrylic .... even to the point where my clients have actually had them on that long they've got fed up with them & wanted them taking off for a change of style !!

+1

They stay on forever with a tiny bead of acrylic .... even to the point where my clients have actually had them on that long they've got fed up with them & wanted them taking off for a change of style !!

on top of polish and shellac also? do you need to buff the patch you put the acrylic onto?

I don't know how looks the bottom of this bow like, but if it's not flat, you could make something like a tiny hole or a groove in the nail with a nail drill, before you'll put the acrylic. But it needs to be matched to the shape of the bow, not too deep.

I also use a blob of acrylic and they don't budge !

The back of the bow needs to be rough then you'll find they stick better xx

on top of polish and shellac also? do you need to buff the patch you put the acrylic onto?

I've only put metal bows on acrylic nails .... HOWEVER those acrylic's have been painted with Gelish, top coat, cleanse, then small bead of L&P, put the bead on, let it settle for a few seconds & then place the bow on.

Don't know about anyone else, but with an orange stick, i remove any L&P that is around the edge of the bow & if there's large loops of the bow, i scoop the L&P out of them as well.

Just make sure there's enough under the bow to adhere to the nail & allow to set.

Wonderful :)

I shall try this tomoz xxx

I've only put metal bows on acrylic nails .... HOWEVER those acrylic's have been painted with Gelish, top coat, cleanse, then small bead of L&P, put the bead on, let it settle for a few seconds & then place the bow on.

Don't know about anyone else, but with an orange stick, i remove any L&P that is around the edge of the bow & if there's large loops of the bow, i scoop the L&P out of them as well.

Just make sure there's enough under the bow to adhere to the nail & allow to set.

thank you very much, i'm going to give it a go next week :)

Have to agree, I always use l&p acrylic to stick stuff on it works a dream.

I fix them in with a uv top coat.. They don't budge!

I'm allergic to L&P so only have Shellac, Gel Bond & Brisa. Would a blob of brisa work as well? Thanks

Once stuck on, how do you go about removing?!x

Once stuck on, how do you go about removing?!x

I use nippers, gets everything off a treat :)

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back