Metal bit of nano sticking into head lost 20 strands?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
My client was lost 20 strands of her nano extensions, 8 strands not having the metal tips in them :( not really sure what to reccormend to her as she is saying the metal bit is sticking into her head? I know it's not actually like in her scalp it's just when she puts her hair up etc. I have some clients who only lose 6 strands in the whole 6 weeks before maintenance and then other clients like this that lose loads :( and I squeeze the bead from both sides to make it as tight as possible and put as much hair in that can fit through the bead. Anyone else had them problem and know what I can reccormend to her? Think I won't suggesting nanos to any of my clients anymore. But the main problem I have now is what to say/suggest to her?

My client was lost 20 strands of her nano extensions, 8 strands not having the metal tips in them :( not really sure what to reccormend to her as she is saying the metal bit is sticking into her head? I know it's not actually like in her scalp it's just when she puts her hair up etc. I have some clients who only lose 6 strands in the whole 6 weeks before maintenance and then other clients like this that lose loads :( and I squeeze the bead from both sides to make it as tight as possible and put as much hair in that can fit through the bead. Anyone else had them problem and know what I can reccormend to her? Think I won't suggesting nanos to any of my clients anymore. But the main problem I have now is what to say/suggest to her?

Are you using the same supplier for all of your client's having problems? Ive known this to happen with quite a few suppliers and others the glue can be quite hard so the loop just snaps off.. could the clients that are losing more be using a shampoo that's softening the bonds more ? do they all follow the same aftercare ? Xx

thats because nano rings are possibly the worst extensions other then glue bonds going. if your going to do extensions do it properly and use great lengths. there is no better hair or bond then that. there expensive but you pay for what you get. some hair is fragile, not strong enough to take the weight of the nano micro ring. and it rips the hair out.
are you giving correct aftercare, showing your clients in a mirror how to brush there extensions, providing them with the correct brushes section by section. are you definatly taking clean sections; no loose strands getting caught in with your strand?
the amount of bad jobs and upset/ angry people that have to come in and have there hair extensions replaced with great lengths is unreal!

thats because nano rings are possibly the worst extensions other then glue bonds going. if your going to do extensions do it properly and use great lengths. there is no better hair or bond then that. there expensive but you pay for what you get. some hair is fragile, not strong enough to take the weight of the nano micro ring. and it rips the hair out.
are you giving correct aftercare, showing your clients in a mirror how to brush there extensions, providing them with the correct brushes section by section. are you definatly taking clean sections; no loose strands getting caught in with your strand?
the amount of bad jobs and upset/ angry people that have to come in and have there hair extensions replaced with great lengths is unreal!
I find this a bit patronising. Alot of us 'do it properly' without using great lengths. And if fitted and Maintained correctly no extensions should be bad or 'the worst' for hair.

P.s aren't great lengths fitted with keratin glue?

Are you using the same supplier for all of your client's having problems? Ive known this to happen with quite a few suppliers and others the glue can be quite hard so the loop just snaps off.. could the clients that are losing more be using a shampoo that's softening the bonds more ? do they all follow the same aftercare ? Xx
It's happened with two different suppliers now! One lady only used hair extension Products. The lady im talking about on this post choose to use her own stuff which isn't professional and not made for hair extensions she just uses stuff from boots xx

Didn't know anyone uses glue bonds? Most people use keratin bonds? If it was glue then yes obviously wouldn't be very good for the hair. I personally really like keratin bonds never had a problem with them and I use BeautyWorks and am happy with them I wasn't asking for another supplier reccomendation unless it was to do with the topic in my post (nanos). And yes I do show them the correct after care and give them a aftercare sheet etc just because someone does not use great lengths does not mean there not doing it right. You should comment to help people not patronise them lol

In response to the original post @Maisie Badham Try Transform. I had this issue with quite a few companies and then tried transform. I've never had a single metal pin come away in 2 years.... at least no one has mentioned it and I've never seen any metal pins and rings left stuck in the hair when doing as refit. I also use silicone line nanos and don't have an issue with slipping x

I find this a bit patronising. Alot of us 'do it properly' without using great lengths. And if fitted and Maintained correctly no extensions should be bad or 'the worst' for hair.

well i dont mean to be patronising but it gets slightly annoying standing there for 2 plus hours taking out someones hair extensions whilst there in agony, and then bald afterwards from the terrible quality of hair. just think any decent hairdresser cares about the HAIR and wouldnt want to ruin good hair.

i do apologise, i didnt mean to come across as patronising or rude. that was a bad day after standing with a lady crying her eyes out for 2 and a half hours removing poorly fitted and poor quality hair. just a bit of a rant i guess.
and great lengths are pure keratin bonds the bonds are made of, what your hair is made out of there is no glue involved, and there are two methods of putting them in which is heat and you melt the bond around the hair, or cold fusion which would make the bonds flat.

Great lengths bonding came from David Gold who invented an adhesive to bond / glue badges to material ( his first business ) the bonds they use now are not 100% keratin or 100% made of the same stuff as hair, there has to be some type of polymer adhesive in them

well i dont mean to be patronising but it gets slightly annoying standing there for 2 plus hours taking out someones hair extensions whilst there in agony, and then bald afterwards from the terrible quality of hair. just think any decent hairdresser cares about the HAIR and wouldnt want to ruin good hair.

i do apologise, i didnt mean to come across as patronising or rude. that was a bad day after standing with a lady crying her eyes out for 2 and a half hours removing poorly fitted and poor quality hair. just a bit of a rant i guess.
and great lengths are pure keratin bonds the bonds are made of, what your hair is made out of there is no glue involved, and there are two methods of putting them in which is heat and you melt the bond around the hair, or cold fusion which would make the bonds flat.
People do not go bald from poor Quality hair they go bald from things such as bad fitting or bad aftercare etc, funny you should say about that though as the amount of people who i have had come to me that wear great lengths and go with my hair is unreal and all have said my hair is just as good and they are saving around £400 too

People do not go bald from poor Quality hair they go bald from things such as bad fitting or bad aftercare etc, funny you should say about that though as the amount of people who i have had come to me that wear great lengths and go with my hair is unreal and all have said my hair is just as good and they are saving around £400 too
What supplier do you use if you don't mind me asking?

Latest posts

Back