Metallic salts and colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pampered90

Reaction score
Hi geeks. I did an incompatibility test on a lady's hair today and the dish got warm n some bubble but other than that the condition of hair was fine. I only want to lift the hair by 2 shades so was I between using matrix colour graphics or doing a colour remover and going over the hair in a semi. Was wondering if there's a way I can remove the metallic salts at all or what clarifying shampoo you think is the best. I will do another test before I do anything to the hair again.

I used 1:1 ratio of perm lotion and 40vol cream peroxide.

Thank you in advance xx

I wouldn't do it personally.

The mix ratio for an incompatibility test is 1 part perm solution to 20 parts 6% peroxide.

Not 1:1.

I wouldn't do it personally.

If it was a client I wouldn't do it but it's my sister in law and I feel so bad not trying everything I can to achieve what she wants. X

Use a good chelating shampoo to thoroughly clean the hair and then try the test again.

I suspect the reaction was the incorrect mix rather than metallic salts but you'll need to re-do the test to be sure.

You have to use clear peroxide don't you?

Ive love to know good methods for removing sulphates and metallic salts from the hair

Hi geeks. I did an incompatibility test on a lady's hair today and the dish got warm n some bubble but other than that the condition of hair was fine. I only want to lift the hair by 2 shades so was I between using matrix colour graphics or doing a colour remover and going over the hair in a semi. Was wondering if there's a way I can remove the metallic salts at all or what clarifying shampoo you think is the best. I will do another test before I do anything to the hair again.

I used 1:1 ratio of perm lotion and 40vol cream peroxide.

Thank you in advance xx
You could try malibu crystal I cant remember what one its called it takes impurities out of the hair,then repeat incompatibility test with test bits from different parts of the head,you dont want to get a shock. But personally I wouldnt do it.

Latest posts

Back