Mica pigments from Colour Shack

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey kerry they look great. I'm going to do few more tomorrow as long as hubby keeps kiddies occupied for an hour :) you can get a colour wheel cheap and as it turns you can see what colour goes well with others and which colours mix to make others, or even just Google it. I look forward to seeing some more x Lou

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Oh thanks for that will google straight away! Xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376083218.899236.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376083236.482395.jpg
A couple I've done using micas and bio sculpture x

Can I just ask how you find removal with mica powder and Shellac? Compared to additives etc? I desperately want a purple like this but neither CND or Youngs don't have one.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can I just ask how you find removal with mica powder and Shellac? Compared to additives etc? I desperately want a purple like this but neither CND or Youngs don't have one.

I can't say for shellac as I don't use it but when removing acrylic or gel its fine just as normal removal. The colour shack on eBay have a Fab set of purples , iv just bought it . Lovely lady called Barbara will help you. Its pure pigment too . X

Also you could mix red and blue cnd additives in a pot to make a lovely purple :) .

I've mixed the red and blue and can't quite get the vibrant purple I'm after but Thankyou.

I will check out the colour shack :)

Hey zooks, here's a pic of the purples x

Attachments

• $(KGrHqF,!rcFFzGWqQr1BRirY0BoKw~~60_58.JPG
    $(KGrHqF,!rcFFzGWqQr1BRirY0BoKw~~60_58.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 370

They're really quick an easy to remove, doesn't take any more time than a normal shellac removal :) xxxx

These are mums nails done today. Acrylic extensions then did white gel polish and then added Peacock blue & Light blue colour shack micas and a bit of dotty art. Am really pleased with them. Mum loves them. What do you think ??

Attachments

• IMAG1341.jpg
    IMAG1341.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 416
  • IMAG1342.jpg
    IMAG1342.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 366
  • IMAG1340.jpg
    IMAG1340.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 362
These are mums nails done today. Acrylic extensions then did white gel polish and then added Peacock blue & Light blue colour shack micas and a bit of dotty art. Am really pleased with them. Mum loves them. What do you think ??

They are stunning. Well done you! That blue is such a lovely colour x

They're really quick an easy to remove, doesn't take any more time than a normal shellac removal :) xxxx

Great thankyou for that :)

Hi flower613 please could you post some pics when you have had a play with the micas. I will put some on when mine arrive. Can I ask which colours or sets you have got ?? X thanks I ordered the brights, Bellagoth, summer lovin and purple rain. I can't wait for them to arrive.

The package says Glamour Pearl collection, Brights nail art (Colour Shack)for the life of me I can't seem to upload a picture, but here is a list of the collection. I got mine on eBay as well.
  • Pink
  • Blue
  • Berry
  • Lime
  • Purple
  • White
  • orange
  • Green
  • Black
  • Light Blue
  • Yellow
  • Red

I've had a bunch of Mica Powder in my cupboard for ages but never used them. I use OPI GelColor and Gelish.

Do I basecoat, cure, and then a light colour coat, cure, and then apply the powders? Do I then just topcoat and cure?

How do these nails wear compared to ordinary gel polish? Will clients still get at least two weeks out of them?

How difficult are they to remove?

This is my first attempt :) please see Sammieejainails on Instagram I can't upload here from my phone :( my mica powders are over lechat gel polish can't wait for my gelish to arrive and do the bright colours! :)

Glad I read this thread the powders have been gathering dust as they didn't really work when I mixed in with gel maybe my ratio was wrong x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
I've had a bunch of Mica Powder in my cupboard for ages but never used them. I use OPI GelColor and Gelish.

Do I basecoat, cure, and then a light colour coat, cure, and then apply the powders? Do I then just topcoat and cure?

How do these nails wear compared to ordinary gel polish? Will clients still get at least two weeks out of them?

How difficult are they to remove?

Hi juicy Lucy yeah I'd apply that way. Iv done first set today on my mum so will see how they wear. Someone else has said removal exactly same , no difference. I would imagine they will get two weeks wear. My mum being my Guinea pig with them being first mica set. Will let you know in two weeks with a pic. Iv put a pic a bit earlier on, on this thread. Show is a pic when you've had a go. X :)

This is my first attempt :) please see Sammieejainails on Instagram I can't upload here from my phone :( my mica powders are over lechat gel polish can't wait for my gelish to arrive and do the bright colours! :)

Glad I read this thread the powders have been gathering dust as they didn't really work when I mixed in with gel maybe my ratio was wrong x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

hi sammiejai its frustrating that you can't upload pics from mobile isn't it ? Will check out your pic on instagram though. X

Latest posts

Back