Mica pigments from Colour Shack

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I apply over a coat of colour, really burnish them in and don't use too much, then top coat and cure. If you don't do this bits can come away when you wipe over the top coat.

Removal is just the same I have found.

This is my first attempt :) please see Sammieejainails on Instagram I can't upload here from my phone :( my mica powders are over lechat gel polish can't wait for my gelish to arrive and do the bright colours! :)

Glad I read this thread the powders have been gathering dust as they didn't really work when I mixed in with gel maybe my ratio was wrong x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Just had a look Sammie , they look lovely. Iv liked some of your others too. Lovely designs. X

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Thank you Mrs turner :) x

Thank you Mrs turner :) x

Your welcome hun. :) x

I love the colour shack. The customer service is brilliant and they are worth every cent. Totally recommend them!

I love the colour shack. The customer service is brilliant and they are worth every cent. Totally recommend them!

I totally agree . Barbara is really friendly and replies asap to any queries. The colours are amazing and so Fab to work with. :)

Thumbs and ring fingers . I used cuccio gel polish in "flamenco dancer" and burnished in "Berry" colour shack mica and added white and lemon dotty art.

Attachments

• IMAG1353-1.jpg
    IMAG1353-1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 387
  • IMAG1352-1.jpg
    IMAG1352-1.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 382
Thumbs and ring fingers . I used cuccio gel polish in "flamenco dancer" and burnished in "Berry" colour shack mica and added white and lemon dotty art.

That is a gorgeous colour! I'm yet to play with them any more as my 1 year old runs riot alot at the mo. I'm itching to get shacking! X

That is a gorgeous colour! I'm yet to play with them any more as my 1 year old runs riot alot at the mo. I'm itching to get shacking! X

Hey Kerry, I love that term - get shacking :), I'm loving the colours , I'm going to apply them to a colour wheel or colour pops,will post a pic when get time to do it. X

Please do would love to seem them.

I have a quick question, I have a lady who wants gel overlays with the mica colours, I'm yet to do it with a hard gel, so worried at what stage I would put my mica colour on? Would I do it the second layer? Or last? Any advice from anyone would be greatly received x

Please do would love to seem them.

I have a quick question, I have a lady who wants gel overlays with the mica colours, I'm yet to do it with a hard gel, so worried at what stage I would put my mica colour on? Would I do it the second layer? Or last? Any advice from anyone would be greatly received x

Hi kerry, I do two coats of gel polish and cure each one and then burnish the mica on to the gel and then top coat and add any art on then and top coat again. But just try to leave a tiny margin so you can fully encase the mica and remeber to cap the free edge with top coat to seal the mica there. Have fun with them and show us a pic please :) I'm trying them on myself and my mum to see how well they wear and last x

Does anyone know if the micas that are on ebay are different to the ones from the colour shack that were on last year, I bought a whole load and haven't used them much, but the ones on just now look different.

I feel a spend coming on :wink2:

These are lovely, your work is excellent :lol:

Does anyone know if the micas that are on ebay are different to the ones from the colour shack that were on last year, I bought a whole load and haven't used them much, but the ones on just now look different.

I feel a spend coming on :wink2:

Hi maisymouse :) iv only had mine a couple of days so not sure if they are same. I got the brights x12, purple rain x6 and bellagoth x6 and summer lovin x6. Iv posted a pic further up the thread somewhere of the pots. And thank you for liking my pics, I really appreciate it x

My nails in pink.
client in fruit salad colours!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1376348511700.jpg
    1376348511700.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 402
  • 1376348570355.jpg
    1376348570355.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 409
My nails in pink.
client in fruit salad colours!

They are really pretty :)

They are really pretty :)

Thank you x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376424607.877248.jpg

My first full set of gels using mica purple powder. Client was really pleased. But in the picture it doesn't look even?! I'm sure it was! Maybe it's just the lighting ... I hope!

View attachment 40473

My first full set of gels using mica purple powder. Client was really pleased. But in the picture it doesn't look even?! I'm sure it was! Maybe it's just the lighting ... I hope!

They look lovely kerry. Well done . :)

I'm probably going to sound a bit thick now but when you say burnish do you mean push the powder into the tacky layer? I've been creating the ombre effect using my bio sculpture & a sponge but it can get messy and love the looks created here. If I am right and the colour is pushed into the tacky layer how does it not move when you top coat. I know they are probably silly questions but I feel the need for these powders in my life lol.

*trots off to have a look at prices and colours :D*

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back