Micro bead/ring extensions - a good cheaper alternative?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beckyjrose

Reaction score
Hi

I am in the process of setting up a hair extension business (I am a qualified hairdresser). I will be working with Great Lengths however I believe there is a lower end market for individuals that can't afford as much.

I am considering offering microbead/ring extensions as a cheaper alternative.

Thing is I have heard bad press about microbead/rings and I wouldn't want to ruin my reputation before ive started.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this please? Are micro beads a good offering or is there something else I could offer as a cheaper alternative?

Thanks
B x

Hi
You will get all the info you need when you do your training.
In the meantime you could use the search facility on here

Offering only one method of extension will limit you to the clients you can work with, not everybody is suitable for micro rings, but again you will or should find this out in your training
Good luck with it all
X

I work with Great Lengths but have booked some training with Studio 58 for training in microrings and ultrasonic so I can offer a variety. I do love Great Lengths but find it limited sometimes in the respect of cost to client's. Different methods suit different people so worth adding a variety xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I'm doing micro rings day in day out , I'm fully booked 6 days per week with them , I also trained in the Prebonded and I'm doing the micro ring weft / la weave course this weekend , my clients love the fact that there's no glue no damage / easy to install / easy to remove , some are printed to loosing the odd one here and there and some do not loose any whatsoever , I offer free refitting of any odd ones that happen to come out , like I say I've a really good customer base and ive got new customers coming all the time , I use top quality hair so I'm not one of these offering a full head for £150 , as I pay around that figure just for my hair alone . I'd say go for it , I've never looked back .

Prone not printed lol

I use the same quality of hair for micro ring and prebonds ,im not sure how you think I will be cheaper ,it actual costs me more to do micro rings due to the cost of the rings as the hair costs the same as prebond nail tip ,i change the same price for both methods :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I use the same quality of hair for micro ring and prebonds ,im not sure how you think I will be cheaper ,it actual costs me more to do micro rings due to the cost of the rings as the hair costs the same as prebond nail tip ,i change the same price for both methods :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I'm the same as you, i charge the same but microrings cost me more! Ido more pre bonded than micro rings, I think you need to offer a few options as micro rings don't suit everyone xxx

I'm doing micro rings day in day out , I'm fully booked 6 days per week with them , I also trained in the Prebonded and I'm doing the micro ring weft / la weave course this weekend , my clients love the fact that there's no glue no damage / easy to install / easy to remove , some are printed to loosing the odd one here and there and some do not loose any whatsoever , I offer free refitting of any odd ones that happen to come out , like I say I've a really good customer base and ive got new customers coming all the time , I use top quality hair so I'm not one of these offering a full head for £150 , as I pay around that figure just for my hair alone . I'd say go for it , I've never looked back .

Which hair do you use if you don't mind me asking xx

They should cost the same as prebonds etc. What about micro wefts! I love them and wefts are not expensive x

I think Microloops are great! I agree its best to be able to offer as many options as possible, though I have to say my most common methods of fitting are both the Microloop and weave :) I don't have any problems with Microloop :)

I think what the original poster meant was because the main extensions she does are great lengths she was looking for a cheaper alternative although changing the application method won't change the price as you can get microloop extensions in alot better hair than great lengths, your only really paying for the name x

Latest posts

Back