Micro links help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I read every single one of your posts. As I believe you were asking for help/advice, to which I have replied. I'm sorry if the advice I gave is not to your liking, but it was meant in a friendly way. If you cannot take advice don't ask for it.

Just because your qualified doesn't mean your capable, specially if you have admitted to not knowing. I'd be really concerned as a client if someone hadn't practised something many times before using me as a guinea pig. When I became qualified in extensions I practised for nearly 9 months before I took on any paying customers! Is it really worth taking on this one client if it all goes wrong? You have no idea what products have been used and how they are going to react if you source and didn't fit them in the first place. X

This was not about a question I asked, I mentioned that I was practising as I also mentioned it was for a friend so your comment about being concerned she is aware of this and is happy to go ahead or I wouldn't do it in the first place.
I do take advice, I ask questions.

My question was I couldn't remember removal and to be honest your rude answer wasn't what I asked.

LusciousLocks&Me

And you did just say a client rang up and asked for maintenance. You didn't mention it was a friend or them not knowing you had never done it.
We aren't having a go chick. I was just trying to figure out what exact method you meant as we appear to call them different things.
Keep practising and only when you feel fully confident doing them would I touch a client. I wouldn't do my first maintenance on someone whose I didn't fit though. I don't touch anyone else's work I've seen too many problems on here with it.
Good luck with whatever you decide tho chick x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Anyway thank you to the people who did help me answer my question. I've found my manual and am currently practising as we speak.

Thankyou again!

LusciousLocks&Me

And you did just say a client rang up and asked for maintenance. You didn't mention it was a friend or them not knowing you had never done it.
We aren't having a go chick. I was just trying to figure out what exact method you meant as we appear to call them different things.
Keep practising and only when you feel fully confident doing them would I touch a client. I wouldn't do my first maintenance on someone whose I didn't fit though. I don't touch anyone else's work I've seen too many problems on here with it.
Good luck with whatever you decide tho chick x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I mentioned it was for a friend later on, never mind anyway. Thank you

LusciousLocks&Me

You never said it was a friend until after Sam commented so I think her comment was hardly rude as at the time everybody thought you was talking about a random client, therefore what Sam was saying is correct you shouldn't take them out if your unsure/cannot remember how to do it. But if that's a risk your friends willing to take so be it. Sam was merely giving advice there was no need to bite her head off about it. If you don't like the advice people are giving you then don't ask the question

You never said it was a friend until after Sam commented so I think her comment was hardly rude as at the time everybody thought you was talking about a random client, therefore what Sam was saying is correct you shouldn't take them out if your unsure/cannot remember how to do it. But if that's a risk your friends willing to take so be it. Sam was merely giving advice there was no need to bite her head off about it. If you don't like the advice people are giving you then don't ask the question

It was mentioned before sam commented, thats why I asked her if she'd read any of my comments before. She wasn't answering the question I asked, which was my point

LusciousLocks&Me

If you reply to everyone like that and people will stop helping. You took my post up wrong, assuming there was a different tone than I intended. Advising you to practise things is not being rude. The last couple of posts were written while I was in the middle of writing my first post so I actually didn't see that it was a friend. And like I said, it's very unpredictable working on someone else's work, and removals may not go as you were taught if different products were used during training and practising than what was used during her fitting, I know this from experience! Good luck anyway, you won't always get the answer your looking for on here but at the end if the day there's plenty of people on here with plenty of experience. Even if it's not what you want to hear, it's still good advice!

If you reply to everyone like that and people will stop helping. You took my post up wrong, assuming there was a different tone than I intended. Advising you to practise things is not being rude. The last couple of posts were written while I was in the middle of writing my first post so I actually didn't see that it was a friend. And like I said, it's very unpredictable working on someone else's work, and removals may not go as you were taught if different products were used during training and practising than what was used during her fitting, I know this from experience! Good luck anyway, you won't always get the answer your looking for on here but at the end if the day there's plenty of people on here with plenty of experience. Even if it's not what you want to hear, it's still good advice!

Okay If i wrote that it it was for a friend as you was writing your comment then I apologise. I think it was how it was put that made it sound rude rather than that you told me I need to practise..
My point was I was asking for advice on removal and this conversation went off in to a another conversation, which is why I was stating you wasn't helping because your comment wasn't answering my questions.
Of course I want help and advice which is why I asked the question in the first place. I finally got the help I needed :)

LusciousLocks&Me

Are you doing a maintenance or a refit? You mentioned she wanted then moving up? You only move the ones that have slipped not move all of them up?
Make sure you clarify with your friend/client what she wants doing beforehand as your pricing between maintenance and refit should be different

Are you doing a maintenance or a refit? You mentioned she wanted then moving up? You only move the ones that have slipped not move all of them up?
Make sure you clarify with your friend/client what she wants doing beforehand as your pricing between maintenance and refit should be different

maintance, yes I know we've already agreed on a price. I've been doing hair extensions for years, I have my price list in order. Thank you anyway

LusciousLocks&Me

Ahh ok, sorry from your posts I thought you had just started doing them

Hope it goes ok ;-)

Latest posts

Back