Micro loop hair extensions or glue?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leilar19

Reaction score
Hiya im getting hair extensions next week but I dont know if i should get the micro loop or glue?

im going for a consultation with the girl on friday and I asked her what she thinks are better and she said the glue because they last longer (she said frm 2-6 months) and the are easier to keep.

She said the micro loop ones only last a few months and sometimes fall out.

what should i go for???? I want them to look amazing but not ruin my hair and they need to last long as i dont have alot of cash :cry:

also.... how would i remove them (both micro loop and glue?)

I have long brown hair but i want it thickened and a bit more length.

HELP girls!

THANKS!!! x

Last edited:
Hi Leilar19 have replied to you on this threadyou posted in the in the consumer forum , let me know if you want more info x

OMG I couldnt imagine keeping extensions in my hair for 6 months! Imagine how far down the hair the bond will be!

OMG I couldnt imagine keeping extensions in my hair for 6 months! Imagine how far down the hair the bond will be!
I agree . i just imagine the extensions hanging off a few strands of hair !

I've copied and pasted on this one so in case it gets confusing

Hi , ill try and answer point by point for you,
I am experienced in the pre bonded methods and the micro links but have not used the micro loops so cannot personally advise on those but have read some people on here have had issues with slipping,
The prebonded and fusion methods if installed correctly by a qualified hairdresser with the good quality poducts will not damge your hair if you follow the recommended aftercare.before with fine hair. I am happy to explain and go into more detail if you would like me to.

Your Extension technition should ALWAYS remove your extensions. This is as vital as the install and where alot of damage can happen if not removed correctly.

You do get what you pay for generally with extensions and wondering if you are looking to go for a lower budget and your hair is already long have you thought of clip ins?

Make sure you are happy with the consultation, the technition is fully qualified and insured and you see plenty of the previous work . you can always have a couple installed top try out before hand if you are unsure.

Hope that helps x

I agree with all of the above. .
Keeping hair extensions in for up to 6 months, is really not good gor your hair. I strongly don't recommend this, you can loose up to 50-100 hairs a day in a natural cycle of hair growth.
So if you imagine your hair extension is attached to a bundle of say for instance 20 hairs, then after, 4 weeks, this could be only 10 hairs, and after 8 weeks could be 5 hairs, and so on. . .
The weight of the hair extension on your natural hair, would not be able to cope. You could end up loosing this hair altogether, ending up worse case with contraction alopecia.
This is also not going in to the problems you will get with matting and knotting of the hair between the root area up to the bond with leaving them in for 6 months, with no maintenance.

Hair extension, are an expensive process to have, you really get what you pay for.
If you don't think you can cope with the up keep maybe invest in some really good clip in extensions.

I have a few clients that use the jessica simpson clip in hair extensions, i was really impressed with these. Check out the web page see what you think. www.hothair.co.uk
Hope this helps x Good luck

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back