Micro loops sealant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddisonhair

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I'm just wondering if any of you use anything to keep micro loops from slipping out. I've spoke about this before and had no luck in finding the liquid used to seal the micro loops.

I'm just wondering of any of you use anything to seal the loops, and if so, what do you use and where can you get it?

Hopefully it will save me poppin bak round to clients to refit any that have fallen out.

X

Marking this.
Good question hun x

What do you mean by sealing them? They're just sealed using hair pliers? I say on average 10-20 extensions will fall out during the time they are in but that goes for all kinds of hair extensions. If you think 10-20 out of 100-200 strands isn't going to affect the overall appearance too dramatically, if you tell your clients this from start and ask them to keep hold of any that come away then I just reattach them at their maintenance appointment (usually 4-6 weeks later) hth x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I've came across a few companies using some kind of liquid resin to hold the hair securely in the ring. I was wondering if anyone did this and if so, what did they use.

It's only a problem with loops, stick tips and rings are much more secure! X

Hiya I'm not sure what it is but someone asked on here a while ago and I remember ASTARSTYLE answered as she knew what it was and I think she said she used it so maybe look through some of her posts xx

I would be very careful with any 'additional' product used when attaching the micro ring / loop extension method. This method is for clients who are opting for a 'product free' extension method and therefore should be fully aware of any sealant or sticky product assisting with the attachment. If you are experiencing clients with more than average fall out it will be down to two very important factors...1. clients natural hair is too short or too fine, 2. you are not pulling through enough of the clients hair back through the ring so there is more chance of slippage and therefore fall out. If you have chosen the correct method to suit your client then the micro ring system can be very successful to your clients expectations. Make sure you use a silicone lined micro ring or failing that the silicone lined copper tubes prove to be even stronger in clients hair... with no sealant. Remember - if you advocate a safe, non evasive, no heat, no glue method then the technician should follow that through with all the products used. Hope that helps x

My clients don't have more than average fall out, everything is fine on that front! I am experienced and know what I'm doing with regards to silicone lined micro rings etc.

Basically there is a company in my area who advertise GLUE FREE MICRO LOOPS, 0 BONDS LOST etc. But, they are actually using some kind of resin, or so they say which is 100% natural (they give clients a leaflet on it if they question why there is white flakey residue after removal). I'm annoyed because they are using something other than just the ring alone, being fly about the glue free thing (as keratin is natural, therefore I could advertise prebonded as glue free??!!) and always banging on about 0 bonds lost! Very sneaky!

They also don't do repositioning, probably due to the resin factor, just tell you to buy a new set.

Think I'll stick to honesty and keep them the way they are! I was just curious to find out if anyone else did this x

Yeh I'd stick with just the usual method hun especially if your clients don't lose a lot. I really don't see the point in using anything extra, very odd why people would do that x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I have found exactly what is being used! Here is the picture. The description is "Organically based serum and water soluble, anti slip agent, will secure hair extensions on short or slippery hair types. Non messy application"

It's by Dome Cosmetics. Any one have any ideas? I've asked for the ingredients as it has been ruining clients hair (not my clients as I dont use it) but a lot of girls are coming to me and asking wat it is that has been used in their hair!

x

Attachments

• mono_holdingserum-01.jpg
    mono_holdingserum-01.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 199
Pro styles pro gum non slip drops, the girl that does my hair uses it, I made a post a few months ago asking the same question as you as I couldn't work out what it was xx

Latest posts

Back