Micro rings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollie_Meehan

Let's make everyone beautiful!!
Reaction score
I have a client who a mum of a toddler and she wanting hair extensions for her wedding with the wedding being expensive she on a budget where sells good hair for a reasonable price ?

Are you trained in extensions?

Many places. You need to do some research into suppliers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have a client who a mum of a toddler and she wanting hair extensions for her wedding with the wedding being expensive she on a budget where sells good hair for a reasonable price ?

Who did you train with? I saw in your before and after thread that you just qualified and Im going to be totally honest - you need practice and if you did my hair like that for my wedding, Id ******************. Brutal, but honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's your budget for hair x

:biggrin:
I think it's is totally unacceptable when some one is asking for help to reply in an offensive manner
I think if you can't offer help it's best not to comment
We all have learnt new skills over the years and a little help from others is always appreciated

I have to say I felt uncomfortable reading that part of the comment as well. It really isn't constructive, and you can see on her profile she is only young and just starting her training, I can't imagine talking like that to one of our young salon trainees.

Having said that OP, having enthusiasm is great but as they say don't try to run before you can walk :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

if you did my hair like that for my wedding I'd *************. Brutal, but honest.

Jeeeez, there's bring brutal, then there is that comment. Totally out of order to speak to anyone about their work like that let alone a newbie in this industry.

Totally agree with all of the above and there are politer ways of being honest. We are not on here to be nasty, judge nor put peoples skills down but to help, advise and encourage people, at the end of the day we all started somewhere and we all get better in time :)
There are plenty of budget hair extensions and shops around you just need to search on line etc and make sure the hair is off good enough quality for what you are paying, also do some research and watch some videos etc of hair extensions and get some cheap hair to practise on a dolls head and build your confidence and get practise... practise makes perfect after all. Pm me if you wish and I can give you some tip, advise and hair differences and prices :) also don't take offence to nasty comments like the one above, just ignore them... obviously nothing better to do

Depends what your looking for, if you want clip ins, bonded, micro rings... If the budget is super tight and the extensions are literally just for the wedding you could opt for clip ins? I know eBay sells hair very cheaply but I wouldn't have a clue about the quality, some threads on here argue both ways on the quality and it'll take time to find a decent quality stockist I'd imagine, what type did she want?

To be honest the way this newbie had been spoken to if be surprised if she even came back to this site, I'm absolutely disgusted and quite frankly embarrassed as I told her she will love this site and find it helpful absolutely disgusting x

:biggrin:
I think it's is totally unacceptable when some one is asking for help to reply in an offensive manner
I think if you can't offer help it's best not to comment
We all have learnt new skills over the years and a little help from others is always appreciated

I completely agree, and I see a lot if others do to.

This is an educational site, where help is given to our fellow professionals, and we need to be constructive in our posting. If not appropriate action will be taken, including if necessary a 'time out'.

Now back to the topic in hand......micro rings.....

Hi :)

I have also seen your post on the other thread , when training they give you crappy single drawn Chinese / plastic hair. It's not going to look anywhere near amazing no matter how good you are. Id buy a bundle of double drawn hair so you can get a feel of thickness etc but buy cheap hair for practicing sections etc on the head before you do a live model.

With extensions you learn so much as you go along. The more you do the better you get !

Te cheapest hair I think I found was Sjk standard range. This isn't double drawn but can order 20" or 22" and trim the ends when fit so it looks fuller.
Or hairport by valentine were cheap I think. Sjk you can get 200 stick tips for cheap ! I haven't used them as all my clients never opted for the budget range. As I had value , luxury and superior.

My prices are all based on anything upto 200g (not 200 bonds as some are 0.5g so 200 of those is only 100g which is defo not enough for a full head) I'd reccomend 0.8-1g bonds double drawn but if someone wants really cheap id look at the companies mentioned above.

It's all about research , getting samples/ buyin a bundle, testing them out yourself. Some people love a supplier but the next person hates them ! Each to there own :)

I took this pic last June when I did y course and I was chuffed now I look at cringe haha !!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402468565.267066.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402468639.021437.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402468655.850002.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402468679.486133.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402468697.181473.jpg

This is some of my work now , improved a hell of a lot compared to the first full set I ever did. At the time I was really impressed with myself but as I said the more you do the better you get and you learn what works for you along the way!

Hope no offense has been taken. Try take all constructive criticism on board and ignore the ones that are just been damn right rude :) everyone has to start somewhere and over time you'll realise why everyone else thinks that pic of the training head isn't good lol :) x

Wow didn't realise how long my essay was... ^^^^^^^

Sorry haha x

If you need any help or advice feel free to send me a Direct Message.😊
#DontMindTheHaters 😒

I would highly NOT recommend eBay we are professionals and should use professional quality products! Why eBay was even brought up I have no idea

I would highly NOT recommend eBay we are professionals and should use professional quality products! Why eBay was even brought up I have no idea

Why? The lady is on a budget? As far as we are aware the extensions could just be for the day / week of the wedding?? Have you read the threads on here about the extensions from there? There are supposed to be a few very good quality suppliers on there, as I said before I haven't personally used eBay for hair myself but if other people use it regularly and give good reviews then what's the problem trying it? I'm all for using proffesional quality products but there are a LOT of very good quality products for hair and beauty out there which are cheaper & get ignored because they are not this brand or that brand and due to capitalism they can't get a foot in the market place against the big sellers so they sadly end up selling on eBay & Facebook etc

WOW !! sorry i took so long to get back still trying to figer all this out thanks everyone just to clear the air iv bin doing eBay extensions for years (on myself) and it depends on the seller tbh some are good some ant its a hit and miss and i went and got my qualification so i can make a life for me and my little man why have a skill if you cant use it right i am pretty quick get a full head done in 2 hours :) i practice a full head every night to pick up speed on my training head with cheep extensions /
iv read every post on here and tbh im a glass half full kind of person so 1 lill comment really didn't bother me my past few weeks on here has bin amazing you are all so helpful
the girl is a friend of mine and im a bridesmaid but i wanted to sound professing she got a budget of £150 for make up and hair ish i do think clip in may be best for just cause iv bin on sjk viola halo etc cant seam to find nothing that can help her bar clip ins tbh i know she my friend but she still a client so i want to treat her like one
thank you all so much hope to speak to you all soon :)
oh note to self don't get married weddings are expensive :D

Who did you train with? I saw in your before and after thread that you just qualified and Im going to be totally honest - you need practice and if you did my hair like that for my wedding, Id ******************. Brutal, but honest.

ill be completely honest here to..
i trained with sure pass beauty academy
yeah im new but so was you once !
and then again i don't see no advice at all in your comment and i was brought up to understand if you cant say anything nice don't say nothing at all the girls wedding isnt for a while and i practice every night there isnt any need to be rude if i was happy with what i did that day and i shared it case i was proud of myself
im sure your first set wasn't perfect but you must not of ever bin proud of the little things, when your prod of the little mistakes it help you grow please from now on not just to me to any one think before you speak cause you didn't bother me one bit but there a few people your comment did bother these people who read my question and answered it there criticism and then there being rude just think if i didn't have a strong back bone your small unnecessary comment could of bin the thing that stopped me for filling a dream lucky ill grow in to a lovely flower not a thorn
thank again for nothing have a nice day end off <3

Latest posts

Back