Microblading help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanna1969

Jo1969
Reaction score
Hi girls! I’m new to mircoblading and new to salongeek and I’m just abit confused about patch testing and would really appreciate it if someone could help me.

My trainer told me to patch test behind the ear using a lancet and pigment on one side and anaesthetic and lancet on the other side

Another lady told me to put both pigment and anaesthetic onto one plaster and place on the upper outside of the arm.

When doing beauty I have always done a tint patch test either behind the ear or on the inside of the elbow but they lady told me not to do the inside or the elbow as there are main veins there or something.

Also do I need to patch test both numbing creams (emla) applied before treatment and the numbing cream during treatment (blue ice)

Hope this makes sense, apologies for the long post, thanks in advance x

Hiya!

Im also new to both! I have just been doing some reading though, and in my notes it says not to do anything behind the ear. If there is an extreme allergic reaction, it can block airways. Instead, mine says to do the tests on the inner wrist or forearm.

Oh really that’s interesting! So many are telling me different things and I’m getting really confused! Not easy it is lol x

I know! We will get there. haha x

Hopefully! Are you using lancets ?

Satanikat is right.. while the skin behind the ear is closer to the thickness that you'll find on the brow, an extreme reaction to the patch test will be much more problematic than a test done on the arm. A reaction to ingredients will show up wherever you apply the patch test, so you should do it in the safest place. In theory, the best place would be the ankle, similar skin and longest route to any vital organs, though personally I find that the upper arm is the most convenient and any redness from minor reactions is easily hidden. By the way, always make sure that your client applies the anaesthetic cream unless you are ACTfast qualified or a medical professional. It is illegal to supply or apply any medicines (even over-the counter ones) unless you are qualified to do so. You could be held liable or even prosecuted if your client has a reaction to the numbing cream if you applied it.
Patch_test.jpg

Thank you! I didn’t know that about the numbing cream! So do I have to get the client to apply it them selves when patch testing too? What about the numbing cream you put on during procedure? Thank you for the advice. But just to double check I definitely don’t apply the patch test on the inner arm (elbow) ? X

Also do you use lancets?

Thank you! I didn’t know that about the numbing cream! So do I have to get the client to apply it them selves when patch testing too? What about the numbing cream you put on during procedure? Thank you for the advice. But just to double check I definitely don’t apply the patch test on the inner arm (elbow) ? X
I prefer the outer arm, away from significant blood vessels. You will still be able to see if there is a contra-action to the products you will be using and I've not heard a convincing argument for testing on the elbow.
The Medicines Act prohibits you from administering anything classed as a medicine (Lidocaine in numbing creams), whether it's commercially available or not, unless you are qualified to do so. It's why you don't find aspirin or paracetamol in first aid boxes any more. To cover yourself, always ask your client to buy and apply the numbing agent. If you're doing this professionally, consider ACTfast training, it's a one day course and will qualify you, not only to use prescription numbing creams, but also epinephrine (adrenaline) to control bleeding and get better pigment retention.

Okay thank you for your help !

Latest posts

Back