Microblading reaction on a client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TanAngel

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Today is my first bad Microblading experience day and I’m completely in bits.

I have been Microblading for a year now and I love it. It’s a big part of my business and have had no problems since I started.

Unfortunately today I received a text from a client regarding her brows I had done last Saturday. They are not healing well and have turned yellow and redness has appeared around them. The scabs are not fallin off.

The patch test was fine. I use a diabetic needle and rub ink into the skin behind the ear to try and achieve the best results.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am sending my self into a spin.

She’s a lovely client who is refusing to take the refund and she says her skins sensitive and it’s not my fault (I feel like it is)!

Apology’s for any spelling mistakes I’m very dyslexic. Please find attached a picture 7 days from initial treatment.

Attachments

• 5FA6232B-92AE-4495-B389-759E80B8496B.jpeg
    5FA6232B-92AE-4495-B389-759E80B8496B.jpeg
    36.7 KB · Views: 87
What is her aftercare instructions? Also has she gone to the doctors as it may be infected and not a reaction?

If you did a patch test and everything came back fine after 24 hrs there shouldn't be a problem. Depends how the client took care of them if they kept water away from them 7-10 days , Didn't mess with them like putting on makeup on them when they were not suppose to, picked at them, or even if their pillow that they sleep on is dirty and had chances of getting an infection from it. Maybe if they didn't mention skin/blood condition they should of told you about....it happens....had an experience where somebody i did got infected and she said it was ok to not worry about it that she went to the emergency room already ( of course i felt super bad) till a family member spilled the beans saying she put makeup on them the very next day......

If you did a patch test and everything came back fine after 24 hrs there shouldn't be a problem. Depends how the client took care of them if they kept water away from them 7-10 days , Didn't mess with them like putting on makeup on them when they were not suppose to, picked at them, or even if their pillow that they sleep on is dirty and had chances of getting an infection from it. Maybe if they didn't mention skin/blood condition they should of told you about....it happens....had an experience where somebody i did got infected and she said it was ok to not worry about it that she went to the emergency room already ( of course i felt super bad) till a family member spilled the beans saying she put makeup on them the very next day......

She had really sensitive skin anyway! I should have just said no but I felt confident it would be ok because the patch test was fine. I no she went out the day she had them done. I strictly said no make up around the brows what so ever.

Can you shed some light on what the redness could be? Iv been googling everything and it says infection. I’m completely freaked out. Did your client get it sorted?

She had really sensitive skin anyway! I should have just said no but I felt confident it would be ok because the patch test was fine. I no she went out the day she had them done. I strictly said no make up around the brows what so ever.

Can you shed some light on what the redness could be? Iv been googling everything and it says infection. I’m completely freaked out. Did your client get it sorted?
The client never called or answered my calls again so I think she was embarrassed .... I’ve had very sensitive clients before and it all depends on their skin sometimes that the redness last longer than usual. Almost how I would thread or wax some sensitive clients brows and they would be fine but for some reasons their redness lasts for 3 days to even a week! If it looks like it’s ONLY red and not scabbing funky or and puss or green stuff is on them they should be fine . It may be an infection if it’s been 7-10 since she did it

Latest posts

Back