Microdermabrasion - qualifications?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam81

Reaction score
Hey geeks, I'm wanting to add more beauty treatments to my repertoire and have got a lot of things in mind (I'm thinking long term plans!). I've searched through lots of threads and can't seem to find what I'm after. Does anyone know what qualifications you need before you can do training in microderbrasion? I'm looking at the Skinbase payg system.

If anyone has any advice I'd be grateful! :)

Hey geeks, I'm wanting to add more beauty treatments to my repertoire and have got a lot of things in mind (I'm thinking long term plans!). I've searched through lots of threads and can't seem to find what I'm after. Does anyone know what qualifications you need before you can do training in microderbrasion? I'm looking at the Skinbase payg system.

If anyone has any advice I'd be grateful! :)

Skinbase require that youre level 2 qualified.

I would ring them my darling, they are lovely and extremely helpful. :wink2:

I would have thought you need to have your level 3 for that...

I have recently spoke to them regarding this and this was the reply .....

The unit weighs only 12kgs and is very suitable for mobile work. We have 1200 therapists in the UK of which 300 or more are mobile therapists.

Yes, you need either an NVQ or HND or equivalent in facials. Our training is accredited by BABTAC and The GUILD and will then top up your facials qualification.

The machine sends a text to us when you do a treatment. The weeks runs from 4pm Monday to 4pm monday. Just after this time the software counts up the number of treatments, sends you a text, takes a payment from your visa/mastercard/meastro/delta/electron card, and then emails a receipt.

Would you like me to send you a brochure and DVD?

thanks,
Richard Faulkner
:: Welcome to SkinBase ::
01782 770810

Thanks for your helpful replies everyone! As I say this is a long term plan and I'll obviously need more qualifications, just wanted to know what to do next. I do have level 3 body massage but the beauty side of things I've just done as add ons & cpd courses. If I need to do NVQ (although looking at the syllabus I'm already trained in most of it) then that's what I'll do! I'll give them a ring :)

Latest posts

Back