Microdermabration...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaClare85

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!!

I am having the first in my course of Microdermabration on Friday....what should I expect? I am having this done to make sure my skin is going to look in the best condition it can for my wedding in October.

Any thoughts then please let me know!

Thanks Emma

Hi Geeks!!

I am having the first in my course of Microdermabration on Friday....what should I expect? I am having this done to make sure my skin is going to look in the best condition it can for my wedding in October.

Any thoughts then please let me know!

Thanks Emma

I can only tell you from a client point of view.
Sarah (my therapist) did a complete consult with me and then took me through to her treatment room. She had relaxing music and scented candles. I took my blouse of, laid on the couch and was covered with a towel. I was very comfortable through out, the dermaabration part was only about ten minutes the rest was various creams and massage and a mask. We talked shop all the way through so I wasn't really paying attention to what was done when. :smack: but even after one treatment, my skin looked the clearest it has for years and my family told me they could see improvement in the sun damage and fine lines.
I wish I could have had a full course of treatments and would highly recommend it. However Sarah moved:irked:
The only scary bit for me was walking around with no make up for the rest of the day. It's not something I do very often:)
Well worth the money. 10 out of 10.

I personally only like it for a very specific skin type. It is quite an abrassive treatment so can cause broken capillaries. You need to really look after your skin on your course as the skin thins out a lot so you are very suseptible to sun damage and dehydration. To be honest I think its more something you do in the winter to avoid problems. I personally prefer peels as there is no heat put into the skin :hug:

Thank you both so much for your comments!! Its something that has been recommended to me by the manager of a well known salon...Thankfully I dont have bad skin, I just personally find that my skin gets quite oily quickly (more so around the chin).....

I have tried skin peels in the past and found the results excellent, however I am a wimp and always hate the feeling of the skin peel to the point where it makes me nervous! So we thought Microderm would be better for me....

I hope it comes out ok!!

Thanks Emma

Hi Emma, I have had it done a few years ago and the sensation feels like you are being gently sandblasted, not an unpleasant feeling and I am sure you will enjoy it.
The treatment I have now is called Laser skin Rejuvenation but it does depend how long you have and your budget. I have this once a year booking a block session of 5, please see link if you are interested in what it is about. Laser Skin Rejuvenation - Non Surgical Cosmetic Treatments at Re-enhance clinic in Hale, Cheshire my skin is youthful to look at now and is nice and firm.
I am certainly someone who tries everything and anything once haha.
Good luck on friday.

Hi Emma,

Microdermabrasion is a wonderful treatment. I was so impressed with the results on my skin that i bought a microdermabrasion machine. All my clients love it. A course of 5-6 treatments is the best thing you can do but you will see the results from the first time. It is a very relaxing procedure of removing the aged and dead cells on the surface of the skin and stimulating the production of collagen and elastic threads. Significantly improves acne scarring, sun damage and fine lines (30-40 %). However you should wear sun protection at least SPF 15 after the treatment.
There are 2 kinds of microdermabrasion machines - with aluminium oxide crystals and crystal free, with a diamond edged wand. I was hesitating a lot before buying my machine which one to go for, but the diamond one is a lot better, as it doesn`t leave any crystal particles on the skin, also i read on many places that Aluminium oxide is cancerogenic and with the crystal-blasting machine you can`t work so precisely around the nose, mouth and eyes as with the diamond one. So my advice is go for a diamond microdermabrasion and you won`t regret it :) xx

Latest posts

Back