Microplane foot file

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nessa1980

Reaction score
I was going through the sweet and squared catalogue and I'm interested in purchasing the microplane foot file.

They have 3 on there which one do you find best to use and how do you clean it after each treatment. Xx

I was going through the sweet and squared catalogue and I'm interested in purchasing the microplane foot file.

They have 3 on there which one do you find best to use and how do you clean it after each treatment. Xx

I use the giant one and they are fully cleanable in the normal way of all instruments. I love the Microplane and particularly the size of it. Very effective and I also retail them for clients to use at home ...makes the next service quicker.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397033590.288694.jpg

Hi Geek do you mean this one? Xx

I use this one too and I love it! Super smooth feet in no time at all. Great product.

I use that one. Its an amazing file, I've never used anything so effective and you don't have to break a sweat to get feet smooth. You do have to use it on dry feet though, so I had to change my routine a little but now I'd use nothing else.

Karaxxx

Excellent I shall buy this one 😊 so if you use it on dry feet how's your procedure? Xx

Excellent I shall buy this one 😊 so if you use it on dry feet how's your procedure? Xx

I use a foot sanitizer spray first, refresh their feet :) takes a few seconds to dry, I then microplane all the necessary areas and trim the nails, apply cuticle away and push back the dead tissue. Then it's time for a quick soak, 2-3 mins never more. Dry the feet, dump the water and proceed to trim back any remaining unsightly dead tissue. File the nail edge and apply Solar Oil. I also use a FaboulousFeet drill with disposable grits to go over areas that need smoothing. I move onto the massage, scrubfresh the nail plates and apply either Vinylux or Shellac.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Im pretty similar to Biljana

Sanitizer, microplane, cut & file nails, cuticle service, soak 1st foot, cuticles on 2nd foot & soak, exfoliate 1st foot, rinse & dry, cucumber heel cream and wrap in warm dry towel, repeat on 2nd foot, massage and paint.

Karaxxx

I would not even consider doing a pedi now without my Microplane. It's an amazing creation and makes pedi's so much easier than any other rasp I've ever used. 😃

I'm thinking about getting the micro plane just been looking at then on s2. Do you all still soak first even if your using Gelish?? X

I use the giant one and they are fully cleanable in the normal way of all instruments. I love the Microplane and particularly the size of it. Very effective and I also retail them for clients to use at home ...makes the next service quicker.

What's the RRP Geeg?

I'm thinking about getting the micro plane just been looking at then on s2. Do you all still soak first even if your using Gelish?? X

No hun, with the Microplane foot files you do this first before anything else. The skin needs to be dry. Then I would continue to do the PEP &(in my case) CND Shellac application then followed by soak, scrub & massage, if a luxury pedi.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

No hun, with the Microplane foot files you do this first before anything else. The skin needs to be dry. Then I would continue to do the PEP &(in my case) CND Shellac application then followed by soak, scrub & massage, if a luxury pedi.

Sorry to jump on but does the gelish not be effected by the water if soaked after application?

Sorry to jump on but does the gelish not be effected by the water if soaked after application?

No UV cured colour coat will be affected by water after application and full cure.

No UV cured colour coat will be affected by water after application and full cure.

So you should cure even on gel mani then soak? If it's deluxe treatment?

Just a question regards the micro plane file.
Would any of you be able to estimate how many uses you get out of a file?
I think because it's metal you can wash and leave in a soak bowl for the while but how many before the file goes blunt?
I usually keep my clients regular clients foot file in a sani packet for their next return.

Beauty at your finger tips!

Ah thank you. It seems strange doing the application first then the soak, I think the client would feel I'm doing it backwards lol. Do you use the micro plane as your very first step? Xx

Ah thank you. It seems strange doing the application first then the soak, I think the client would feel I'm doing it backwards lol. Do you use the micro plane as your very first step? Xx

Yes. Id use cool blue to sanitise then using the Microplane remove all hard skin. Its amazing & so quick & very light to use :D then continue to soak ect. At least all the dead skin bits are removed when soaking afterwards. I then use a scrub to polish off the skin. Then resoak to clean off scrub. Dry off then massage foot & lower leg. obviously any UV cured application is done before all of this x

Latest posts

Back