Microplane

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nat123

Reaction score
Ladies,

I'm going to buy a microplane foot file - which one do you recommend and since it needs to be used on dry feet - can you let me know your steps when doing a pedicure. Many thanks xxx

I got the big one and I love it!! I do shellac application first then micro plane, wash the feet off then foot and calf massage.

My BFF & I have both had the XL 2in1 which have both broken after the plastic casing going brittle from putting in barbicide for the recommended 10mins. So I now own a colossal. I would presume it will last better as the grater is not removal like the other one x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have the pink one, it was very sharp on first use but is fine now. I set up and put my pedi bowl to one side and place a towel down to catch the skin, I remove the varnish and file one foot then repeat on other foot, remove the top towel and put my pedi bowl in front of client and proceed with normal pedi. I still use another smoother file before exfoliating just to smooth the skin down and get rid if any other dry skin.

Hi ladies that is great and many thanks for your steps mrs blakemore - very helpful
Indeed

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394048645.386163.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394048656.298727.jpg

Are these the microplane you ladies use? X

Yes, the bottom one is the one we've had issues with but I now have the top one :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've got the big pink one, it's amazing but having forgotten to do it before the soak I'd definitely recommend to only used on dry feet as it's nothing like as good otherwise.

Karaxxx

I have the pink one can anyone tell me how much pressure to put and should you just file in one direction. To be honest I have only used it on myself so far because it seems quite fierce.

I have the pink one can anyone tell me how much pressure to put and should you just file in one direction. To be honest I have only used it on myself so far because it seems quite fierce.

I use very little pressure, that's what I love about it. I used to work up a sweat with my old file but this one does all the work for you. Also I file in both directions as I'm sure I read that because of the way it's designed that's what you're meant to do but please don't just take my word for it.

Karaxxx

Thanks Kara - I'm going to order one today

Do you carry out the gel Polish before it after the feet soak?

You're best to do the gel polish before soak as the nail needs to be dehydrated xx

I know people are saying that gel is to be applied before pedi but where I work we do the pedi then shellac then massage, this doesn't seem to affect the shellac in the long run. (Just incase someone does want to do it this way, I do it and it's fine) Just seems a bit long winded doing the prep for shellac, shellac then pedi, I do all my prep in my pedi, dry the feet and scrubfresh etc. I think it would be different if it was hands.

Oh my gosh! I think this may be the best thing I have ever purchased! Only arrived about 20 mins ago and I was like a kid at Christmas! Thanks for your pedicure routines ladies, can't wait to dazzle my clients 😊 I'm one happy bunny xx

Hahaha it's true. I got mine last week and used it on myself - my feet are still lovely and smooth!!

Does anyone retail the big microplanes to customers? If so what's the RRP?

Does anyone retail the big microplanes to customers? If so what's the RRP?

I personally don't. We are our own worst enemies and tend to over do it. Put that together with an untrained (client) person and the results can be a disaster.
I have seen OTC "cheese graters" type of pedicure tools and clients that come in after using them and their feet are an absolute mess!

Cleen Cheeks Spa

How do you clean the Microplane foot file if it's for personal use(not salon use)? How long will it last before I have to replace it?

Latest posts

Back