Microsoft Web Sites

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemini7

Reaction score
Help I am trying to create a new website with the Microsoft Web package which is free for a year however when I have put my choice of name etc it then asks me for my credit card details with a £7.99 charge with a line in the middle of it (as it states free for a year)

Can anyone tell me if they have a microsoft web site and if they asked for credit card information with the amount crossed out as it doesn't say it will take this money out of your account in a year and the domain is owned by a company in Melbourne which have nothing to do with Microsoft

Oh and if they have subscribed is the site quite safe to be putting your info on as I have been scammed before and need to make sure its safe

It sounds like they might need your credit card details for future domain name payments, or is there a condition that you keep the site for longer than the first free year?
If so then they'll need your CC details to make sure you pay up after you've had your first year for free.
Regarding whether or not it's safe to give them your CC details, I would imagine it's pretty safe if it's operated by Microsoft, but then again are you certain it is a legitimate Microsoft service?

Latest posts

Back