Microteach help needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoealana

Reaction score
hi everyone
i have to do a 15 min microteach for my 7404 Ctlls qual but it has to be one one of the parts from the unit 2 section planning and enabling learning and just cant think of ideas of what to do to get the class involved.

Well give us a few starting points and we'll do what we can to help. What do you feel confident teaching? Particular areas of interest etc.

well my last microteach was on nail art and enjoyed it but this has got to be on either, negotiating with learners, inclusive learning, functional skills or communication but dont know how to get an activity out of it

I did one of my microteach on hand massage and it went really well. Students paired up and everyone got involved. Did the basic massage movements, kept it simple and we all enjoyed it. HTH

thats what i would love to do but have to do it on one of those sections

what does anyone reading this think of doing my lesson based on how language can be a barrier to learning using something translated into a local dialect

Not really sure if local dialect is enought of a barrier TBH.

If you really want to do hand massage, you could do it as it could be done for people with a hearing impairment. It would be a bold move, but if done well could be really, really good. Depends how confident you are.

It's just a thought, with it being such a visual thing.

Hiya,

A possible idea to demonstrate communication techniques....pair up your students and sit them back to back. Give one student of each pair a picture and get the other student to draw it (without seeing it obviously). You can tailor this however you like ie... only using yes or no answers or using abstract designs where the have to describe it for example...''draw a line on the top left hand side 3cm horizontally''....

Hope this make sense....at the end compare the pictures and see how well the have worked with each other.

Good luck...I've just started the Cert Ed, so no doubt I'll be on here asking for advice very soon...

Lol, Sarah x

well my last microteach was on nail art and enjoyed it but this has got to be on either, negotiating with learners, inclusive learning, functional skills or communication but dont know how to get an activity out of it

How about getting them to draw up a class compact (things they expect from the class and each other) could be classed as "negotiating with learners"! Split them into 2 groups and compare each sections ideas.

fufa i think i will try to develop your idea it seems a fun one the only thing is sometimes the collegues are as bad as the students
thanks so much

Ha ha...I know what you mean...pm me when you have done it and let me know how you've got on.

Lol,

Sarah x

Latest posts

Back