MIL - Driving me NUTS!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatsnoicenailz

Reaction score
Hi, I just have to have a whinge!!!

I did my mother in laws nails about 5 weeks ago with gel, she wanted french and that was fine. She barely had a free edge and most of her nails were flat so I used eclipse tips.

She came for a rebalance about 2 and a bit weeks ago. She had lost two, but considering she has never had nails before i was quite happy with this as i thought she would have lost more due to the extra length and not being used to them.

Then she came over on the weekend and had lost two again. I said I would fix them on Wednesday.

She just showed up on my door step saying she is in pain!!!!!

She has obviously picked and peeled the rest of ALL the nails off except for 1! The condintion they were in yesterday, there is no way it was due to lifting!

I asked her what did she do and she said nothing.....They just came off!!!!!! I told her she must have done something because after 2 weeks wear they don't just "come off" Understanbly if she had of coem back the next day and said that then maybe I didn't do prep correctly, but to be wearing them for this long then all of a sudden they "come off"........I doubt it!

She now has what i think is onycholysis, as the nails are peeling back off the nail. I told her this and she still denies doing anything.

So she still had one nail on in PERFECT condition ( i don't know why she left it alone) so i removed the product with carefully filing it with a Koala buffer. I then wiped Scrub fresh over all her nails and pointed out the damage, I then wiped it over the one that I filed the product off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NO DAMAGE AT ALL!!!!!! Well I was glad i did it because it shut her up!

I'm just really annoyed, I now i didn't do anything wrong but I do take alot of pride in my work and when you see people just destroy it and then try and blame it on you......GRRRRRRRRR!!!!! NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!

What annoys me even more is she doesn't even pay me for my work!!!!! Well I'm never doing hers again unless she pays and then signs a client disclaimer!

okay thanks for reading my whinge!!!!!

even though i havent been doing nails all that long i agree with u she has picked them off or done something to get them off dosent sound like anything at all is your fault and ur doing them for free god i would be so frustrated as its your time and products and money wasted good luck with the next time she comes back as its ur mither in law ur gonna need extra extra luck i wish u the best

oh honey i really feel for you, its horrible when people destroy your hard work, i have a friend like this she is a hairdresser so i did her nails and she cut and coloured my hair so we didn't pay each other, after two days i popped over for a cuppa and her nails weren't on any more, she told me she got bored of them!!!! and they were getting in her way (because she had them ridiculously long, i said she should have them shorter)!!! then moaned about the state of them so i asked how she removed them "oh i chewed them and pulled each one off"!!!!!! well what did you expect. last time i do hers. Hope you have some nicer clients to make up for the nasty ones x x

we live and learn!

cherry said:
oh honey i really feel for you, its horrible when people destroy your hard work, i have a friend like this she is a hairdresser so i did her nails and she cut and coloured my hair so we didn't pay each other, after two days i popped over for a cuppa and her nails weren't on any more, she told me she got bored of them!!!! and they were getting in her way (because she had them ridiculously long, i said she should have them shorter)!!! then moaned about the state of them so i asked how she removed them "oh i chewed them and pulled each one off"!!!!!! well what did you expect. last time i do hers. Hope you have some nicer clients to make up for the nasty ones x x

oh but how would she feel if you went and dyed your hair to cover up her work cos you got bored of it two days later?? how annoying!

i did my mother in law a full set of sculps last sunday , she is a very bad nail biter, this was her very first set, wanted them for an xmas do, any way after id finished they looked lovely and she was over the moon with them, 2 days later she phoned me to say that they had all split and cracked and she dont know why? i said i would replace them as soon as i could, later that day i did a full set on my mother in laws friend and she confessed to me that my monther in law thought the nails were a little to long to what she is use to so instead of phoning me or filing them down she cut them with a pair of scissers arrrrhhhhhhhhhh i couldnt believe it had to educate her thourghly more thanmy regular clientson how to look after them and definatly dont cut them.

We should all have the right to just KILL our mother in laws!!

jussy said:
We should all have the right to just KILL our mother in laws!!

i'm first in line with the RAT POISON:eek:

MINKUS said:
i'm first in line with the RAT POISON:eek:
Thats a bit severe Amb :eek: couldnt you just put bleach in her coffee like I do :green: :lick:

I think if i was to kill mine, it would be in a fit of rage next time she asks me to do her nails for her!!! SO WATCH OUT WOMAN!!!!!!

I could not do my mother in laws nails. No way. She asked me to do her hair when I first met her and Im so pleased I didnt start that game, cos I know she would expect everything for free. Anyway not going into it but I reckon it would be my purse coming away a few pounds lighter each time rather than hers......(she doesnt steal BTW, just a scrounger lol)

so funny reading these threads!

i have to say thought, my mother in law has had her nails done L&P P&W's a couple of times from me, and theres no lifting, no lost nails....and she gardens and cleans (but she does have a filing tendency!) other than that shes great!

my sister in law has hers done, does not much with her nails and they all come off!!! i notice the tell tale signs of peeling though, but to be fair she has very oily nails and if one comes off shes prone to picking at the rest.

my only nightmare client is my friends mum....she loses nails, uses fake solar oil and turns em brown, loses gems 5 mins after i walk out the house, files them into the most dangerous shape for breakage etc etc.....ut i have to say i do love her to bits and love doing her nails!!!!

lou x

Latest posts

Back