Mile cost

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedgecl

Reaction score
Hi

One of my member of staff have recently attended a course. They took their own car and I am paying the expenses. Does anyone know how much the recommend amount is to pay per mile.

Thanks

Revenue and customes suggest 40p per mile. But you are free to pay what you like.

We get 40p per mile if there is no company car and 15p if we go in our own by choice but I work for a charity so others may be different. Lx
Posted via Mobile Device

40p per mile is standard to cover fuel and other costs in own car, but as has been stated you can pay what you feel appropriate.

Hi

One of my member of staff have recently attended a course. They took their own car and I am paying the expenses. Does anyone know how much the recommend amount is to pay per mile.

Thanks

Thanks to all for the answers, looks like it will have to be 40p..:(, not that i'm horrrid or anything but there isn't alot of money in the shop at the mo'.

40p is the maximum you can pay as a tax-free expense for the use of the employee's own car - but only for the first 10,000 business miles in a given year; any mileage in excess of that can be claimed at a maximum of 25p per mile.

At a firm I used to work for, they based the mileage rate on the engine size of the car (3 bands with more cash per mile for bigger engine sizes); I was lucky at the time, as I drove a 1.8 litre Peugeot 205 diesel back then, so claimed the highest rate of mileage expenses for a car that did 50 miles per gallon (as opposed to a gas guzzler doing perhaps half that lol)...

Latest posts

Back