Milia removal, advice on courses and more

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Evening Geeks

I am contemplating going down the more clinical route and one of the things I would like to learn is Milia removal.

I am qualified in Electrolysis but haven't practiced in years. I have no desire to start doing electrolysis for hair removal again but would be happy to do milia removal.

My question is; There seem to be varying methods for removal and theffore varying courses.

For those of you trained what methos did you go with and why?

I have been doing a little research tonight and it would appear that people seem to think electrolysis takes longer to get the result but is less damaging to the skin whereas lancing is more instant but could potentially cause more trauma?

I would love to get some feedback, I have been searching the Sterex and electrolysis web pages.

Last edited:
Hi! I did the advanced electrolysis course with Sterex. I find the diathermy method very effective with no after effects on the skin. Lancing the milia is an out of date method and can cause bleeding.

Jumping on this thread because I've got milia right in the middle of my lower lip - I am SO conscious of it and don't know what to do or where to go to have it removed.

If it's proud and prominent, I'd scratch the surface with a sterile needle and pop it out.

A client had one and he was quoted £500 to have it removed at a private hospital. I charged him a little less lol.

Vic x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

I had a quick look a clinics nearby and I think it was £99 for a consultation so I was too scared to ask the cost of the treatment!

I'm going to try that Vic but I'm a wimp when it come to needles and pain :Scared:

I trained with Sterex on their ACP course and it was well worth it. Many of the people that attend the course tend to be medical professionals who don't do any hair removal, but simply want to use diathermy for skin tags, sebaceous cysts, warts, verrucas, age spots, milia etc etc.

Thanks Geeks, totally missed all of your replies. Sterex is who I was looking at so that's good to hear.

The closest place around here charges £50 plus.

I presume you need level electrics to train?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I keep thinking about sending my daughter to train. She did electrolysis at college but hasn't done it since. I'm considering one of the Sterex machines. I think they come with a days free training. I was going to pay for an extra day as well, and look at advance forget down the line.

We get asked for it. I even have a client so desperate for it, she's offered to pay for a course in advance to help fund it. She had found somewhere else, but we're very convenient! How fab is that lol.

Vic x

I presume you need level electrics to train?

I have facial electrics, but it's not the same. It's a separate part of level 3 I think x

Yes , when I trained (a few years ago now..) electrolysis & beauty epilation were separate courses that I took. Although I am interested to update these skills as we never stop learning. x

I keep thinking about sending my daughter to train. She did electrolysis at college but hasn't done it since. I'm considering one of the Sterex machines. I think they come with a days free training. I was going to pay for an extra day as well, and look at advance forget down the line.

We get asked for it. I even have a client so desperate for it, she's offered to pay for a course in advance to help fund it. She had found somewhere else, but we're very convenient! How fab is that lol.

Vic x

Funnily enough, one of my clients offered to pay for my ACP course, suggesting that I could then pay back the money through free treatments! A vey kind offer, but I decided to pay myself! The Sterex training is very good, I think because that's all they do and they are so passionate about it!

I'm trained in ACP and we charge £45 for a 30 min consultation plus a patch test (obv if it's a few milia or skin tags they can be treated and removed in that consult) we charge £30 for 15min appointments and £40 for a half hour appointment. Honestly it's the best training I've done and it's proven to be very popular as it's an affordable treatment too! X

Latest posts

Back