Mini makeup kits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolynshaw

Reaction score
Hi
I am going to a school where there will be 40 students age 11,I am giving a makeup demonstration, which i can use my own kit, however after i have done a demo they will have to work on eachother, i dont want them to use my kit as mine s obviously proffessional and dont want lots of makeup used. However i would like to give them a goody bag with eyeshadow, lip gloss and maybe blusher in, can anyone tell me where i can purchase fairly cheaply, kits for them to use. Ellisons cannot help me as my purchase is not large enough! and i will have to buy these pieces myself, so want to keep costs down, Thanks

bARRY M HAVE BRILL GLITTER POTS AND SHADOW POTS BUY SOME OF THEM AND SOME EMPTY POTS PUT ABIT IN EACH 11'S A BIT YOUNG I WOULD OF THOUGHT TO DO MAKEUP BUT EACH TO THIER OWN GET A COUPLE OF CHEAP MASCARAS I LIKE BOOTS NATURAL COLLECTON ITS ABOUT 1.99 AND GOES ON REALLY EASILY BUY A PACK OF DISPOSABLE WANDS AND LET THEM USE THAT ! FOUNDATION FOR 11 YR OLDS PROBABLY LOOK TERRIBLE BUT REVLON I THINK DO THE BEST FOUNDATION AT A CHEAP PRICE AND I GUESS THEY WOULD LIKE GLOSSY LIPS AGAIN ID USE BARRY M CHEAP AND CHEARFULL !:confused:

I'm not a MUA, so my ideas are not professional!! But I am a Mum of a nearly 10 year old girl!!!

Would it maybe be cheaper to find some small compacts that have blusher, a couple of eyecolours and a gloss in them, then just buy some disposable make up brushes to go with them.
I would get an extra one for you to demo with and let them use the ones they are keeping on eachother.
Maybe just buy a tube of tinted moisturiser to use between them, that's if you want any base at all......I know it's not a pro product but the Nivea one goes on nicely and is quite neutral. For the compacts maybe have a look at Avon, because to be fair that's where a lot of them will probably buy some of their first make up from!
Sounds like fun, enjoy it!!

Lou xx

I know ebay gets bad press on here, but check out this ebay shop eBay UK Shop - Beauty Box Fragrances and Cosmetics: JOB LOTS - AUCTION, JOB LOTS - BUY IT NOW
I buy items off here for my sons school fairs, the guy who runs the store is called Dave and he's very fair. I've sent him messages before explaining what I want the items for and he often sorts out a very reasonable buy it now price for me. His postage price is reasonable and items ship pretty fast.
HTH.

Carole

Hi
I am going to a school where there will be 40 students age 11,I am giving a makeup demonstration, which i can use my own kit, however after i have done a demo they will have to work on eachother, i dont want them to use my kit as mine s obviously proffessional and dont want lots of makeup used. However i would like to give them a goody bag with eyeshadow, lip gloss and maybe blusher in, can anyone tell me where i can purchase fairly cheaply, kits for them to use. Ellisons cannot help me as my purchase is not large enough! and i will have to buy these pieces myself, so want to keep costs down, Thanks

I think you should be very careful and think about what you are undertaking.

Are you insured for this?

A demonstration is ok, you doing applications even but letting 11 year olds loose with makeup you have supplied and theoretically given them training....

You are leaving yourself open.

Will you have parental consent?

I think it is a minefield.

Thanks to those that replied to my request for makeup kits,all helpful, and to Salon Geek for advice, yes I am insured for this and have parental consent, its just a fun end of term treat for the kids, we did it last year and its basically to show a natural application and right way of applying natural looking makeup, i was quite shocked, by how some of the girls looked on arrival completely caked in foundation and looking 17 not 11! so i think it was a good demo.
Many thanks

Hi Thanks for your response, being a mum is probably more helpful, as you have first haand experience of that age group and whats ok for the skin, really appreciate it and will be looking at Avon Brill idea x

how about buying few extra bits for your kit that would also be suitable for teens - like the pastel eyeshadow set from jane iredale, cpl blushers and lipglosses?

i did a makeover party for my niece - age 12 and bought makeup from elf for their goodie bags, they were really chuffed with it

Latest posts

Back