Mink lashes & Silk Lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgie Babe

Reaction score
I'm confused about the different type of lashes available to buy.
Are the silk lashes advertised by some companies the same as the mink lashes offered by other companies? They are both described as sold in strips & in boxes for easy application so are they the same product simply sold under a different name?

As far as I am aware Silk Lashes and Faux Mink Lashes are the same thing, but I could be wrong as I'm still fairly new to lashes xxx

I'm still quite new to lashing. I too think they are the same thing. Even though they are described as Mink and Silk, I think they are both synthetic. It's just the description of them.

I like them better than lashes that come in a pot but that's just a personal preference.

ha ha snap I am new to the wonderful world of lashes too :D
I have silk lashes I know they have a nicer shine to them and are slightly softer than synthetic lashes. But I thought mink lashes where different again??

So does that mean my silk lashes are mink lashes ? xx

ha ha snap I am new to the wonderful world of lashes too :D
I have silk lashes I know they have a nicer shine to them and are slightly softer than synthetic lashes. But I thought mink lashes where different again??

So does that mean my silk lashes are mink lashes ? xx

:lol:

I've never actually seen silk lashes IRL but from what I've read they are the same.

Hi to all you lashers out there, I'm quite new to lashes and still have loads to learn, this site is great for that. As far as i can gather with the mink lashes is this.

I think mink lashes are real mink fur that has been cut and permed prior to being stuck to strips. Each lash has a slightly different length and thickness and when applied give a feathery natural look. They are very fine and silky feeling. I don't know of any places in the UK that do them but in the US they are apparently quite big with the celebs. Faux mink and silk, as far as I can tell, are the same thing.

Hi to all you lashers out there, I'm quite new to lashes and still have loads to learn, this site is great for that. As far as i can gather with the mink lashes is this.

I think mink lashes are real mink fur that has been cut and permed prior to being stuck to strips. Each lash has a slightly different length and thickness and when applied give a feathery natural look. They are very fine and silky feeling. I don't know of any places in the UK that do them but in the US they are apparently quite big with the celebs. Faux mink and silk, as far as I can tell, are the same thing.

Hi Tipsy

I don't think anyone on here uses the real fur mink lashes. I think when everyone says mink they mean faux mink.

Has anyone used them? I know they love them in the states.

Hi tweezerhappy,

yeah, didn't think anyone on here would be doing them, as i said,i havn't seen anywhere in the uk that does do them, though I'm sure there are, but the original question was about mink lashes, so was just answering the question and thought my answer would also let people know that there are actually real mink lashes out there, people actually go around with buts of fur stuck to their eyes!! imagine that!

love your nickname btw coz since i've been ding lashes that's exactly the way I feel.

love your nickname btw coz since i've been ding lashes that's exactly the way I feel.

Thanks. I've used it since before I started doing lashes as I always had my tweezers in my hands doing my eyebrows. Only recently I realised it fits for lashes too. : lol:

We have had "real mink" for some time, but have not had the call.

The cost are very high even though we can purchase direct, so people are not really into paying £160-200 for a set.

The other problem as well is they are so fine, you really have to pack them in to build it out, they are very soft though. I would not bother, the normal silk/mink are better really.

We also have the high quality real mink strip lashes that retail for around £80, because of the quality you can re use them 20-30 times.

As I have said before I feel for the lash market and the saturation of trainers, I dont use Nouveau products but I must say they are clear with the quality on the training.

You have pre study,

Then you have you class training

Then you have to return another day and be retested after your case study.

All this one day "just enough" rubbish that the companies are churning out is just fodder, how can it compare to the above..

So many bad lashers out there its unreal, my friend has a lady near her called "the infection queen" she comes on here....

Saturation is rife and the day you see lashes below £80 you know that the price war quality will drop, and that is what we see...

Good for us (me) yes and no.... as it gives things a really bad name, its rife.

Su x

Latest posts

Back