Minx Application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmyLouise

Reaction score
I have been practising with my minx kit but am having trouble with the final finish. In the tutorial it says to file the remaining minx off, but every time I do this it seems to start peeling it off the free edge a bit and leave a nasty white 'fluff' which I just can't get rid of. I have tried a few sets and each time it was the same, so I put some on myself and trimmed them really short with some nippers and they looked much better. Has anyone else got any tips/ideas for what I may be doing wrong with the filing or is trimming the way to go? :confused:

Hi, im having the same problem so sorry cant really help but looking forward to everyones response.

Is there any way you can repair in when the free edge is lifting? Ive just done a set and had the same problem as you. I put the heat on in and tried to smooth in the hope it would stay but its lifting at the corners.

I dont really wanna do a whole new set.

Hope you suss it!

xx

I have been practising with my minx kit but am having trouble with the final finish. In the tutorial it says to file the remaining minx off, but every time I do this it seems to start peeling it off the free edge a bit and leave a nasty white 'fluff' which I just can't get rid of. I have tried a few sets and each time it was the same, so I put some on myself and trimmed them really short with some nippers and they looked much better. Has anyone else got any tips/ideas for what I may be doing wrong with the filing or is trimming the way to go? :confused:

You really dont need to trim, make sure that your minx file isn't clogged up with adhesive from previous uses as this will prevent you from getting a clean finish. Just use a brush with liquid soap.

You have to slightly angle your file as well so you are not filing on the free edge, and sometimes using your file in a north/south direction will help also.

hth :)

I've been practising with minx these last few days and have found that short quick strokes with the file seem to make a more clean cut.

I was also wondering if an additional nail dehydrator may help with the longevity of the minx, used after scrubfresh. Does anyone do this/use anything else in their prep?

Latest posts

Back