Minx Coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elegant

Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm thinking of buying some of the Minx Coat for my Shellac clients. I've watched the reviews on You Tube and am quite impressed have any of your tried them, I was just wondering how you are getting on with them and also what you are charging the client extra on top of their Shellac cost.

thanks xx

I've been using them for repairs, they are brilliant. I would normally use a silk wrap but the Minx coat last much longer and are so much quicker to apply.

Several ladies have vertical splits and the minx in conjunction with the IBX is fab, most of them have vast improvements and some have even had the splits disappear completely.

Also I've had a friend who shut her fingers in a door which resulted in a blood blister under the nail. Its now grown half way up and the nail has started to disintegrate. I put a Minx coat on top 3 weeks ago to stop her picking, its stayed put and hasn't lifted to any degree. She's been careful but not that careful and is absolutely delighted.

I don't bother using them under shellac as it removes so quickly anyway and I don't think there's much benefit plus clients just won't pay the extra. I don't do L&P so can't comment on how well they work for that removal.

I love them and would definitely buy them in the future.

Karaxxx

Thanks Kara xxx

I've been using them for repairs, they are brilliant. I would normally use a silk wrap but the Minx coat last much longer and are so much quicker to apply.

Several ladies have vertical splits and the minx in conjunction with the IBX is fab, most of them have vast improvements and some have even had the splits disappear completely.

Also I've had a friend who shut her fingers in a door which resulted in a blood blister under the nail. Its now grown half way up and the nail has started to disintegrate. I put a Minx coat on top 3 weeks ago to stop her picking, its stayed put and hasn't lifted to any degree. She's been careful but not that careful and is absolutely delighted.

I don't bother using them under shellac as it removes so quickly anyway and I don't think there's much benefit plus clients just won't pay the extra. I don't do L&P so can't comment on how well they work for that removal.

I love them and would definitely buy them in the future.

Karaxxx

Do you buy these from the minx nails web site or is there a uk stockist?

Do you buy these from the minx nails web site or is there a uk stockist?

I got a couple of packs to trial from Samantha at S2 at the show in September. After my feedback, she said they have them on Page 40 of the catalogue but not sure if they're on the website. So I guess if you call they'll let you know.

Karaxxx

They are available from S2, just type Minx Coat into the search engine.

I wonder if you can use these under Brisa Smoothing gel? Anyone tried it?

They are available from S2, just type Minx Coat into the search engine.

I wonder if you can use these under Brisa Smoothing gel? Anyone tried it?

Anyone?

Wow these sound great!!

How do you apply them please?

I do them exactly the same way I apply patterned Minx.

Karaxxx

I've never used minx though!

I've never used minx though!

LOL sorry!

Pep nail plate, cleanse, size minx, peel away from backing & hold under heat lamp (although I don't think this is definitely necessary but I've always done this with minx), press onto nail smoothing out any creases, file away excess from free edge using downward strokes.

HTH

Karaxxx

I like the idea but a video I watched on it showed all the Shellac at the free edge looked really rough, so it put me off. Those that use it, would you say that this was just an application fault with the Minx coat?

I've never had a rough edge, after removing the excess with downward strokes I then file round the free edge as you would normally.

Karaxxx

Kara, do you use anything else for nails repairs ?

Thank you xx

I've always done silk & resin repairs but I'm finding the Minx Coat so much better. I think it's because it's more flexibility and the resin wraps seem to lift and peel off, sometimes before the two weeks.

Karaxxx

Thank you Kara.
Xx

I've never had a rough edge, after removing the excess with downward strokes I then file round the free edge as you would normally.

Karaxxx

That's a relief. I watched one of the official Minx videos the other night on using Minx coat with gel polish and that had made the polish pool in the rough free edge too!

I've been using these for a few months now and they are genius for certain clients!

They do not need heat at all, either in application nor remove.

Some clients nails just cannot take the 2 weekly removal (dry, ridged, white patches) so this takes this away for those that need it.

I have used them under every gel polish and the lasting is the same and looks the same. I've also used under sculptured L&P and found the same!

Do these soak off the usual way too?

Do these soak off the usual way too?

Yeah I tend to soak off as they are usually under shellac, they soak off really easily.

Karaxxx

Latest posts

Back