Minx course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearlove

Reaction score
Is it worth doing? I know how to do it my sets have lasted as I got showed at work how to do it. Now I've left and planning on doing it mobile should I go for the qualification? I've got the chance to do it at college for 15 pound? Is this good or do creative offer anything when u buy so much?!? Any info would b great xxx

15 quid do it. Then your.covered by insurance. Its.not breaking the bank.

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

15 quid do it. Then your.covered by insurance. Its.not breaking the bank.

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

You dont need to do the course to be covered by insurance.

You need to do the course with an accredited provider to be able to buy from the suppliers.

I am not sure if Sweet Squared insist you train in Minx but I do know you must have mani/pedi certificate to be able to buy minx from them.

You dont need to do the course to be covered by insurance.

You need to do the course with an accredited provider to be able to buy from the suppliers.

I am not sure if Sweet Squared insist you train in Minx but I do know you must have mani/pedi certificate to be able to buy minx from them.

Oh my insurer said to do the treatment I need todo a course/workshop

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

Oh my insurer said to do the treatment I need todo a course/workshop

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

You just need a mani/pedi cert to buy them and the course is something that is advised but not compulsory so an insurer shouldn't state you have to do it to offer the treatment.

You just need a mani/pedi cert to buy them and the course is something that is advised but not compulsory so an insurer shouldn't state you have to do it to offer the treatment.

My insurer said that the Minx course is compulsory. Its a different treatment to a normal Mani and pedi. Its like saying I can do Swedish massage so I can use aromathearpy oils when massaging!

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

You spoke to your insurer to find out if a Mani and pedi course will cover you doing Minx

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

Yes I have asked them. My nail extension course which covers me to do acrylics, gels, fibreglass etc.. will cover me to do Minx.

I dont have a mani/pedi cert YET!

I wont be getting a mani/pedi cert for a while but I will still be covered to do Minx and I have an account to buy Minx.

Also for your info as you seem to think it's your right to quiz me I am attending a Minx course BUT I dont have to as it is advised you attend & not a requirement to complete the course like a gel course for example.

I wasn't quzing you. You were asking a question and told you my insurance wouldt cover me . And asked if yours would

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

As long as you have a mani/pedi qualification you are qualified to perform minx. You dont need "training" in order to buy them from accredited CND supplies but mine provided free training when I bought the start up kit. It was a 30min show and tell session, I did 2 minx on fingers then I was ready to go, I've had no problems and didnt need anymore than that.

I guess if insurance companies say its compulsory then who are we to argue, you just have to get on with it. However, mine said that it was covered under mani/pedi.

Karaxxx

I've got the chance to do it at college for 15 pound? Is this good or do creative offer anything when u buy so much?!? Any info would b great xxx

15 pounds???.... if you decide to do it, please please come back and tell us what it was like... seriously, I'll be dying to know! :eek:

15 pounds???.... if you decide to do it, please please come back and tell us what it was like... seriously, I'll be dying to know! :eek:

Wont your CND supplier give you training for free, mine is wonderful and did when I brought my starter kit. When I brought my mani/pedi & shellac stuff I got free training too. He's always willing to give advice and help whenever I ask.

Karaxxx

If doing training with Ellisons in Minx they provide you with a certificate so you could prove you attended a Minx course, but how would you prove to your insurer that you did the course with the 'recomended trainers' - the main supplier (S2) when they dont provide certificates for this course?

hi i did a £15 course at college, the lady i had show us fast how to do them, then we got to do a full set on each other on the toes and she was there to ask how to do it if we struggled and to also buy the kit if we wanted, she was from ellisons i think and said to buy minx all we need is manicure and pedicure certificate (spell) hope this helps

Insurers want to see a credited certificate that shows you have been shown how to apply nail foils

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

hi i did a £15 course at college, the lady i had show us fast how to do them, then we got to do a full set on each other on the toes and she was there to ask how to do it if we struggled and to also buy the kit if we wanted, she was from ellisons i think and said to buy minx all we need is manicure and pedicure certificate (spell) hope this helps

Basically same as what I done!

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

Insurers want to see a credited certificate that shows you have been shown how to apply nail foils

Craig Keane
Welcome to HCulture

Who you insured with?? That condition to your insurance sounds outrageous!! You can learn how to apply nail foils by looking at videos on youtube!!! I know its only £15 but that's £15 too much to me!!

Who you insured with?? That condition to your insurance sounds outrageous!! You can learn how to apply nail foils by looking at videos on youtube!!! I know its only £15 but that's £15 too much to me!!

Nope.makes sense you got to learn about the health and safety.and contra indications with nail foils! Won't learn that on YouTube. You can learn how to cut hair on you tube! Would your insurer accept this?!

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

Nope.makes sense you got to learn about the health and safety.and contra indications with nail foils! Won't learn that on YouTube. You can learn how to cut hair on you tube! Would your insurer accept this?!

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

Surely you'd have learnt this in your mani/pedi course and I cant think of anything specific to Minx in the way of H&S that would be different from normal. I agree you should only be shown/trained by a professional and in my opinion this should be done in person not via a screen.

Did you get your £15 back against new products when you bought them or was it just £15 for the training?

Karaxxx

Latest posts

Back