Minx lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
The link doesnt seem to work for me

Yes hun, my minx lamp blew, i had to buy this one til my new minx lamp arrived as was the middle of summer, worked a treat just not as flexible as the propper lamp x

I think that you should go with the proper Minx lamp. Works really well and looks the part - all my clients have commented on it.

I think that you should go with the proper Minx lamp. Works really well and looks the part - all my clients have commented on it.

I agree it does look more the part and is easier to work with. Perhaps the op cannot afford the cost of the actual lamp.

In which case the philips one would work and make no difference to the quality of your work. It is just a little more faffy x

I have one similar to that but I got the round based lamp and took the base off & turned it around so it would tilt down, not up. I find it works well for me.

lampdown.jpg

Just got my kit today but the lamp seems to get very hot is that normal?

Thanks for the replies guys, I have now found one elsewhere which should work nicely. Just starting up for my own new beauty room in a new salon, scary times! :)

It depends how hot you mean? They are pretty warm, you have to make sure you have them a certain distance away etc.

:)

Don't worry Hazel, that is normal.

It heats up straight away, unlike a normal light, so be careful not to burn yourself with it and never face it down over a glass table.

Sorry Zoe it took me forever to write that and we crossed posts :lol:

Sorry Zoe it took me forever to write that and we crossed posts :lol:

No worries An*gel

I hadnt thought about the glass table scenario. I have looked at getting a glass topped table too. Will it matter if I layer it with towels etc and its only on for the duration of the treatment??

Thanks

No worries An*gel

I hadnt thought about the glass table scenario. I have looked at getting a glass topped table too. Will it matter if I layer it with towels etc and its only on for the duration of the treatment??

Thanks

That's another bebefit of the Minx lamp, there is a switch that allows you to vary the heat quickly and easily, meaning that it is not going to get too hot when not in use.

Thanks for the replies girls. I love it I couldn't wait for the training after Christmas to buy my kit. So I should be well practiced for the January class ;)

First set of minx, so happy with myself x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1325783292.904835.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1325783292.904835.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 142
No worries An*gel

Thanks

Sorry Zoe, I'm only seeing this now... yes you'll be fine with towels on your glass topped table... if not and the heat is directly over the glass, your glass with crack and break.

First set of minx, so happy with myself x

Hazel,great Minxing and I just love Hippy Chick, it's one of my all time favourite designs.

Thanks Karen, I already have more bookings for this print, it's definitely one of the best x

Latest posts

Back