Minx peeling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelina221

Master Lash Tech
Reaction score
We have not long been doing minx but they are proving to be very popular and clients love them :biggrin:
We have done a few and had no problems until yesterday. A client rang up and said that they had peeled off her big toes. We got her back in today to have a look and re-do them. The minx had peeled off from the pattern, if that makes sense!
It was like the minx pattern was still intact but there was a clear plastic bit that had come away from the minx pattern. Can anyone tell me why this happened?

We have not long been doing minx but they are proving to be very popular and clients love them :biggrin:
We have done a few and had no problems until yesterday. A client rang up and said that they had peeled off her big toes. We got her back in today to have a look and re-do them. The minx had peeled off from the pattern, if that makes sense!
It was like the minx pattern was still intact but there was a clear plastic bit that had come away from the minx pattern. Can anyone tell me why this happened?

Iv had this but only a couple of times in the last 18 months or so, once was definitely due to her foot wear choice (uggs) I think they create a little too much heat, and the other I think was because she had been somewhere hot and I think the heat, sand, sea affected them, it's not common tho if it does happen to me and it's within say the first couple of weeks I just replace it.

Sorry I can't be much more help. xx

I've had this with one client and she's been wearing ballet pumps. We think the friction of the toe nail rubbing on the shoe has made the minx pattern part from the clear plastic coating.

Karaxxx

hot baths!!

first time i had this done i had hot baths daily for two weeks cos my shower was leaking!! and this the top layer peeled off.

So now i keep my feet out of bath (only to immerse to clean my feet)

Hope this helps xx

Hey if it's the clear coating then it's always been due to footwear. Generally things like pumps and pointed shoes cause this. Some of our clients just can't have minx because of their footwear. It's nothing you have done wrong. I have to also say I wear minx all the time and I am an avid ugg wearer aswell and love my baths. Never had minx peel off unless I've picked at them or shoes has actually caused friction by rubbing the minx. Don't worry too much.

Thanks everyone. She did say she had worn stilettos so maybe this was the problem.

Latest posts

Back