Minx & Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkBlonde

Reaction score
I am just about to send off my details to open an account with SweetSquared (YEY!!!) and am very interested in buying some Minx and Shellac, and was wondering if I could have some advice. Also, if anybody has any useful tips I would greatly appreciate it!

I was wondering which lamps are best to buy for Shellac and Minx? (I am guessing they both require different lamps?)

I will be using these just on myself and my sis at the min, but if I was to start offering them professionally would I need to take a Minx and Shellac course? (I am already qualified for manicures through City & Guilds)

I'm sure there was something else, but I can't remember at the min! Will post if it comes back to me though! Lol.

xxXxx

Just remembered what my other questions were! Lol.

I have read the threads about the prices some of you charge, but was wondering what you include in the prices? Is it just for a file and application? And what would you add on to a manicure if they wanted Minx or Shellac instead of a regular polish?

And lastly, what preperation is required to the nails before application?

Thanks! :green:

xxXxx

I am just about to send off my details to open an account with SweetSquared (YEY!!!) and am very interested in buying some Minx and Shellac, and was wondering if I could have some advice. Also, if anybody has any useful tips I would greatly appreciate it!

I was wondering which lamps are best to buy for Shellac and Minx? (I am guessing they both require different lamps?)

I will be using these just on myself and my sis at the min, but if I was to start offering them professionally would I need to take a Minx and Shellac course? (I am already qualified for manicures through City & Guilds)

I'm sure there was something else, but I can't remember at the min! Will post if it comes back to me though! Lol.

I have read the threads about the prices some of you charge, but was wondering what you include in the prices? Is it just for a file and application? And what would you add on to a manicure if they wanted Minx or Shellac instead of a regular polish?

And lastly, what preperation is required to the nails before application?

All these questions are answered right here on the site. There aree tutorials and articles in the tutorials and article forums and youcan join the shellac or Minx groups by clicking on groups above where again all your questions have been answered.

Short answers for the moment are .. yes you need 2 different lamps .. both are available form Sweet Squared.

No you do not need to do classes with your qualification but you will do a better job if you do attend .. they are FREE at CND Academy + locations. Leeds, Manchester, Scotland and London and Bournemouth.

You only need a clean nail surface on which to apply Minx or Shellac. No filing or etching of the surface at all.

For pricing discuss with Sweet Squared who are there to help you with these things or look in the groups. :hug: It may surprise you, but a distributor if they are a good one should be regarded as a partner in helping you to grow your business ... sweet squared take this responsibility seriously and are such a distributor.

Thanks sooo much! That covered everything very quickly!! :green:

xXx

Latest posts

Back