Minx Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hard-as-Nailz

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Firstly I know it's not essential to have training to use minx but I would like to be shown exactly how to use it and feel confident that I can do a good job.

I am qualified in Mani and Pedi so can order through Sweet Sqaured but I am going to do a 3 hour course with a company called Minx Academy who come to you in your own home.

Just wondered if any of you had done or were planning to do this? Also, have checked with Babtac and they said they will cover me with the certificate this company provides and add it to my list of services.

TIA :lol:

I swear i saw somewhere in another thread that this is not really an approved course ?? i maybe mistaken..

I did look a while ago myself at this private company.. and i cannot find anywhre on the site etc that says you receive a minx acredited certificate.. and the course fees are quite high too..

you would be better to do the S2 minx training or go through Ellisons i am sure they do one too.

hth

Sarah x

Hmmm that's what I was worried about :rolleyes:. There is a bit at the bottom of the page that says "you will receive a certificate on completion of the course" or something along those lines...but I did call Babtac before I booked and they said it would definately be fine.

It is costly but on the otherhand doing a cheaper course would cost me the same in petrol as there aren't any less than 1-2 hours away from where I live.

The main thing is that I want to do the actual training and be shown how to do the Minx, and as Babtac said they will insure I am hoping it will be ok.

Thanks for your reply :biggrin:

Just went on their site and this is what it says:

You will receive a Certificate of success once you have completed and passed the course

:irked: I am just hoping for the best, will let you know what I think of it next week.

Please comment anybody who is thinking of doing it or has done it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok well good luck and i hope it does what it says etc.. xx

wouldnt be a done thing for me anyway since i am all the way down in Devon lol.. would cost around £300 i reckon lol..

Sarah x

I am just about to sign up for a Minx Course and Shellac course both provided by Ellisons and at a very reasonable price. Maybe look into them as they are def accredited with the Beauty Guild and being that they are also a major wholesaler, you know it's genuine. You don't want to fork out money for training when you're going to the trouble of doing it properly in the first place, only to find the cert isn't recognised and is no good to you ;) xx

Yes I will definately look into Ellisons. I would go through them but I am not sure if there is a training centre anywhere near me. I would love to hear of somewhere within an hour from oxford that would be great! :lol:

Ok well good luck and i hope it does what it says etc.. xx

wouldnt be a done thing for me anyway since i am all the way down in Devon lol.. would cost around £300 i reckon lol..

Sarah x

Devon!! Yeah I am guessing that would be a bit far for them to travel! :lol:

Hi there! I'm looking to do a Minx and Shellac course and I just noticed you said you are doing an Ellisons course for both, are they half day courses? any starter kits included?

The Ellisons courses can be done in Coventry, Leicester or Birmingham. Minx is half day, think Shellac is all day. As for the kits, I'm not sure as yet, at the prices the courses are I very much doubt it. Am calling them tomorrow to find out more so I shall report back if you like? It may be that they have everything there you need to participate in the training and then you'll need to buy everything after perhaps? Xx

Yeah ok, thank you! :lol:

The training academy mentioned in the original post is not an academy that offers a genuine Minx Certificate. They are using the Minx name to mislead people into thinking they are connected to Minx ... Which they are not in any way at all. You will not receive a genuine Minx Certificate from this course, if that is what you want. They are not even an academy at all ... Just a group of mobile people calling themselves 'trainers' who are trading off a name that is well known and already they are misleading you so beware.

If you do not have a manicure/pedicure certificate, then you will not be able to buy genuine Minx after the course.

For genuine Minx classes with a Minx certificate ring 08452106060 to learn of classes near you.

Ellisons is another option. You will receive an Ellisons certificate that says you have been trained with Minx from this class, not a Minx certificate, if that is important to you. For some it is snd for some it isn't.

The training academy mentioned in the original post is not an academy that offers a genuine Minx Certificate. They are using the Minx name to mislead people into thinking they are connected to Minx ... Which they are not in any way at all. You will not receive a genuine Minx Certificate from this course, if that is what you want. They are not even an academy at all ... Just a group of mobile people calling themselves 'trainers' who are trading off a name that is well known and already they are misleading you so beware.

If you do not have a manicure/pedicure certificate, then you will not be able to buy genuine Minx after the course.

For genuine Minx classes with a Minx certificate ring 08452106060 to learn of classes near you.

Ellisons is another option. You will receive an Ellisons certificate that says you have been trained with Minx from this class, not a Minx certificate, if that is important to you. For some it is snd for some it isn't.
Ok, thanks for the advice. S2 is the way forward :lol:

I live in Oxfordshire and I go the CND Academy in Wembley to do my training, it takes around 1 hour and 15 minutes to get there but not sure where you are located in Oxfordshire.

I'm going back to do Shellac next week and Minx in the next month or so. Definately worth the travel to know that you are getting the correct training.

Jackie

ClaireyLouise, Coventry is only an hour away from Oxfordshire, not only do Ellisons have courses running from there but S2 do too. Just give them a ring and find out ;)

Thanks, I'm hopefully going to book in Bournemouth very soon! x

Latest posts

Back