Minx, UV LAMP.....please help this newbie...WHERE CAN I BUY & PRICE?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailtrendz

Reaction score
Hi
I've just recently qualified in offering manicures, nail wraps & uv gel polish - astonishing nails gelosophy to be exact.
Im looking to setup as mobile & would appreciate some advice. so here goes:

1. i need to buy a professional uv lamp for gelosophy applications. Where could i purchase this online for a reasonable price? Ebay do have brand new ones available??

2. I have a qualification in nail wraps does this allow me to use minx nail wraps as well or would i need to complete a specific minx course. At the moment im mostly using trendy wraps & do have a few others as well. As for pricing if a client wants original minx would the price differ from other brands?

3. Ive also a qualification in Astonishing Nails Gelosophy. Gelosophy is a UV gel polish which needs to be cured after application & lasts for approximately 3 weeks plus. I understand its very similar to the likes of Gellac, Gelish, Shellac etc. Would I be able to use the other brands as well or would I need to stick with Gelosophy only.

I find it all very confusing. it would be great if somebody could answer my questions please.
And why is it this way...surely if u r qualified to complete a certain process then u shud be able to work with any brand really.

Hi
I've just recently qualified in offering manicures, nail wraps & uv gel polish - astonishing nails gelosophy to be exact.
Im looking to setup as mobile & would appreciate some advice. so here goes:

1. i need to buy a professional uv lamp for gelosophy applications. Where could i purchase this online for a reasonable price? Ebay do have brand new ones available??

2. I have a qualification in nail wraps does this allow me to use minx nail wraps as well or would i need to complete a specific minx course. At the moment im mostly using trendy wraps & do have a few others as well. As for pricing if a client wants original minx would the price differ from other brands?

3. Ive also a qualification in Astonishing Nails Gelosophy. Gelosophy is a UV gel polish which needs to be cured after application & lasts for approximately 3 weeks plus. I understand its very similar to the likes of Gellac, Gelish, Shellac etc. Would I be able to use the other brands as well or would I need to stick with Gelosophy only.

I find it all very confusing. it would be great if somebody could answer my questions please.
And why is it this way...surely if u r qualified to complete a certain process then u shud be able to work with any brand really.

You have trained with Astonishing nails, therefore you must have done some research on the brand before choosing it.
If you trained with the Astonishing nails distributor and educator Ela loszcyk she is the Scottish Nail tech of the year (several years in a row) therefore I am sure you had excellent training.

Now you have trained with Astonishing Nails you should be buying your products from the authorised distributors, if I were you I would get back to Ela regarding that or this maybe the online shop Astonishing Nails, The Art of Beauty

You should not be buying professional products from Ebay but from your authorised distributor.
Wasn't a lamp part of your kit on the course?

With gel polishes you really need to use the full system for optimum results, so if you wanted to use Shellac then you would need to invest in the whole system for it, including their lamp!! I wouldn't see a need to use more than 1 if the Gelosophy has all the colours you need and you are happy with your results with it.

Regarding Minx you would need to do training in it, which is available just outside Edinburgh at the CND authorised sub distributors The Fingertips Centre - Contact Us

You would think once you have qualified in one brand you could use them all, but that is not really the case their are differences, especially between the Gel polishes and Shellac which is a 'power polish' and has a different prep and has to be cured in the CND lamp.
Also Insurance companies these days are getting quite stricyt and you have to have trained with all the products you use in order to be covered.

This must all seem very daunting to someone new to the Industry, but you have come to the right place here at Salon Geek, so have a look about and a good read, use the search facility and the Articles and Tutorials section and you will learn loads.

Welcome to the site.

Latest posts

Back