Minx with no heat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tina

Reaction score
Hi

I was doing 2 sets of Minx for
Mum and daughter. I have the infrared light . After the first set I went to start the daughters Minx and my lamp wouldn't come on, I carried on without the lamp and I had no problem applying the Minx and it went on no different, so just wondered why u need the lamp in the first place, I know it makes it more flexible to work with but what else?

Funny you should say that because I have been told that the new Minx do not need a heat lamp.....not sure if this is correct.....??

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

I didn't notice any difference between the set I applied with the lamp to the one without.

very interesting......wonder how long they last x

Sent from my X10i using SalonGeek

I'm going to be applying a set on myself for my holiday so I will test it out.

I know it works well with a hairdryer aswell. But I think the heat really is for more flexibility and also heating the adhesive to it sticks to the nail plate better

Im no expert and new to minx but why would trainers and professionals drum into us all how much more effective and professional it is to use a heat lamp and then develop a range that doesnt need it? I've just bought the white lamp so i hope its not true although its lovely to use on facial and massage clients too!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Im no expert and new to minx but why would trainers and professionals drum into us all how much more effective and professional it is to use a heat lamp and then develop a range that doesnt need it? I've just bought the white lamp so i hope its not true although its lovely to use on facial and massage clients too!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Well that's what I thought too.....

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

The adhesive is heat activated ,
Also you can feel the difference in warm Minx and cold Minx it's notably more pliable , and Easyer to smooth out and get air tight.

The adhesive is heat activated ,
Also you can feel the difference in warm Minx and cold Minx it's notably more pliable , and Easyer to smooth out and get air tight.

This is what I thought, but does anyone know of any MINX being released that does not require heat as this is what I have been told....??

You will notice a big difference in the wear-ability and longevity of Minx if you do not activate the adhesive with heat. That is how Minx work best going from warm to cool.

I wouldn't try to outsmart the manufacturers by thinking you know more about the science behind Minx adhesive activation than they do .. after all they have a patent on the heat activation and you don't get a patent for something that is not necessary?

I wouldn't dream of applying Minx in any way other than the way the manufacturers and innovators have given in their instructions, because that is the way that works best for your business success.

This is what I thought, but does anyone know of any MINX being released that does not require heat as this is what I have been told....??

I know they did a collection with OPI in the USA Couple of years back; they were department store nail wraps for the client to buy, not the professional MINX. I don't know if they needed heat or not but to be honest but " if it's not broke don't fix it"
Minx is fab and a professional use only product, heat-activated nail wrap.

They have a patent on the heat-applied method.

I don't see why after all the money and work to get that, they would need to do a non-heated one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't like to apply gold and silver lightning without heat. I struggle with these anyway! X

You will notice a big difference in the wear-ability and longevity of Minx if you do not activate the adhesive with heat. That is how Minx work best going from warm to cool.

I wouldn't try to outsmart the manufacturers by thinking you know more about the science behind Minx adhesive activation than they do .. after all they have a patent on the heat activation and you don't get a patent for something that is not necessary?

I wouldn't dream of applying Minx in any way other than the way the manufacturers and innovators have given in their instructions, because that is the way that works best for your business success.

Thanks Geeg, I was asking the question because it had been mentioned to me.....I did not believe it :)

I know they did a collection with OPI in the USA Couple of years back; they were department store nail wraps for the client to buy, not the professional MINX. I don't know if they needed heat or not but to be honest but " if it's not broke don't fix it"
Minx is fab and a professional use only product, heat-activated nail wrap.

They have a patent on the heat-applied method.

I don't see why after all the money and work to get that, they would need to do a non-heated one.

Thats great, thanks for the info :)

Last edited by a moderator:
all plastics behave differently under heat.
When plastic is moulded into a shape, it has to be warmed 1st.
If you stick on Minx without the heat, you are using it as a sticker.

The structure of the molecules in Minx changes under intense heat, and then it shrink wraps when it cools down.

It is these two processes that make Minx the brilliant product that it is.

as for a hairdryer, i used this method the other day on me in desperation as i didnt have my minx lamp on me when i travelled and i nearly burnt my toes off:eek:

so i agree with all of the above

A few of the people in my area that are just doing minx as a mobile service are using hair-dryers to do their minx! I cant imagine doing this as like has been mentioned i used mine at home when my little toe minx came loose and it felt like it was burning my feet after just a few seconds!

why would you want to use a hairdryer when your mobile :rolleyes:
the small lamp is fine

A lamp is sooo much more professional and they are not that expensive......:D

It is my understanding that Minx applies similar to shrink wrap. (sorta) it expands under the heat as well as activating the glue on the back. When cooled, the product "shrinks" to the nail creating a tight tight bond. FOLLOW ALL MANUFACTURERS INSTRUCTIONS with any product system. ::hug:: or u will b what they call a messer :) GL!!

I had to use my hair dryer as an emergeny as I dropped my little lamp and burst it :o ! but to be honest I've found it easier to use, but I am mobile! If I did have a salon I would probably invest in the minx lamp as yes it does look more professional. I did see minx done on This Morning (tv show for those who are not in the uk :D) and I'm sure It was a well respected nail tech and she was using a hair dryer xx

Latest posts

Back