mirco loops or wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicolesx

Reaction score
hi there,

found a hair extensionist :D thank god, just wondering what is better mirco loops or the wax kertine (if thats how you spell it) lol just wanna know all the best things n wats gonna last longer.

xxx

when you say keratine do you mean bonded extensions.. ?

Yeh them ones lol sorry I'm not a hairdresser so I don't really know lol xx
Posted via Mobile Device

hi there,

found a hair extensionist :D thank god, just wondering what is better mirco loops or the wax kertine (if thats how you spell it) lol just wanna know all the best things n wats gonna last longer.

xxx

Hi nicolesx, I do the pre bonded method as I find it doesn't shed at all .... these have bonds attached to each peice of hair which just needs melting into the hair and rolling to form a tight bond (rather like a cooked grain of rice )
I personally only put in the best hair which I pre bond myself first with long lasting bonds ,
but there are other excellent bonding methods out there which are equally as good.... for instance.... a lot of professionals and raccoon trained extensionists may use a specially heated bonding applicator or gun to distribute the heated bonding material onto to the extension hair and then roll it firmly into the clients hair ... producing a neat water tight bond as they go along ..... and then there are cold micro ring methods too .... where pre tipped hair is placed in the micro ring with some of the clients own hair and the ring is then clamped tightly with a special tool

The outcome of a really successful set of hair extensions .... (done with any professional method ) will always depend on what type of qualifications, experience, and training the hair extensionist may hold.... and will also very much depend on what type of hair is used .

A cheap mobile hair extensionist spells disaster in many cases....

So do check all of this .... and all their credentials first ,
also make sure they are fully insured ..... and if you are wanting a professional cut blend and finish to add that extra natural look and movement to your extensions then do make sure the extensionist you choose is proficient in all cutting and blending aspects ..... as some extensionists are not always fully qualified hairdressers and won't know how to achieve a completely naturally blended look which usually only a fully trained hairdresser can produce with highly trained cutting techniques.

The same goes if you have colored hair and your roots may need touching up whilst wearing your extensions ... therefore you may want to choose a fully qualified hairdresser who is able to do the color touch up too ....

choose an extensionist within a salon , or a reputable mobile one .... but please check them out first .... and as a rule don't go for the cheap mobile ones as a lot of these will have no proper training and wont know much about hair quality and they can be very hard to get hold of when you need maintenance .... or if something goes wrong with the hair etc .....
also cheapo hair will just matt go dry ruffle up and tangle in a few weeks :sad:
Maintenence in between wearing your extensions is extremely important to keep your bonds from matting and dread locking together at the root area.

A good extensionist will provide you with lots of information on aftercare and products ...
They will also hold a good consultation with you beforehand and apply a few test bonds to see if you are a suitable candidate for extensions ....
before going a head hth :) minky

that really helped minky thank you :)

well i have a choice between two.. a salon in glasgow that have said they would do it for me for £300 and it is the pre bonded ones ..

or

i have to go to a womans house and get the mirco loops done for £300..

i am sooo stuck .. one hand im thinking well a hairdressers means if anything goes wrong or they are bad then i can just go straight back to them and say but if the woman i go to her house and then they are bad then she could completely blank me if anything happens??

what advice would you's give me?

minky do you stay in glasgow??

xxx

Hi , sorry I am not near there at all , but I would ask what sort of hair it is first.... and if it is fully reusable hair ?
as professional extensionists usually buy their reusable hair from trusted hair merchants that have been going for many years within the industry .... and there are only a handful of these trusted hair merchants around ,
can you find out what sort of hair they are wanting to put in ?

AAA grade is the one the salon is using.. and the woman whose house i have to go to uses remy said it can be used 2 or 3 times before having to get new hair.. she also said that you can get a top up every 8-10 week which is £100 ( this is the woman who does the mirco loops)??

which ones sound better lol??

xx

AAA grade is the one the salon is using.. and the woman whose house i have to go to uses remy said it can be used 2 or 3 times before having to get new hair.. she also said that you can get a top up every 8-10 week which is £100 ( this is the woman who does the mirco loops)??

which ones sound better lol??

xx

Hi, sorry I really don't know as I don't really use this type of hair at all ,
but if you knew the actual brand name ..... someone else on here could help and advise you a lot more .....

The only other thing I would suggest is to ask her to put three or four in close to each other ..... and leave them in for a couple of weeks and see if they matt together or tangle :)

ok thanks alot for all your help :)

xxx

There are also reusable micro ring methods avalable.

Hi, sorry I really don't know as I don't really use this type of hair at all ,
but if you knew the actual brand name ..... someone else on here could help and advise you a lot more .....

The only other thing I would suggest is to ask her to put three or four in close to each other ..... and leave them in for a couple of weeks and see if they matt together or tangle :)

I agree with minky about having a test trial. I do this all the time on newbie extension clients. Its only a few strands but at least you know what its like.
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back