Mirena coil experiences?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all
Ive had my coil in since 2008 and I'm due to have it replaced in November. After a month or so of stomach cramps and tender boobs I have found it really good. I haven't gained weight and my periods have stopped. I would def have another although I'm really scared about being awake when this happens. I had it put in after an operation. It's worked really well and I forget I've got it in.

It's not supposed to be too bad if you've had children, I haven't and was wide awake at the time, I suffered with cervical shock which wasn't nice. If your user name is anything to go by then hopefully you'll have no problems. X

Update :

The nurse I go today at the family planning centre was lovely, and managed to remove my coil pain free in under 5 mins...wish I'd gone there in the first place instead of my relay doctor.

Im feeling fine, very minor cramps. Fingers crossed ill feel all better soon :)

Hope your all bearing up fine xxx

Update :

The nurse I go today at the family planning centre was lovely, and managed to remove my coil pain free in under 5 mins...wish I'd gone there in the first place instead of my relay doctor.

Im feeling fine, very minor cramps. Fingers crossed ill feel all better soon :)

Hope your all bearing up fine xxx

Glad it went ok this time. Xx

Week 1
It's now been a week since removal and I'm happy to say I feel like a new woman. I've been chasing my husband round the house like a randy teenager since it came out!
I had a bit of spotting the day it came out but no bleed yet. The most remarkable thing that I never expected was my lower back pain has just disappeared, I used to suffer with it after a long day at work more so if I'd been doing certain services but in the last few months it had been there constantly and been getting so bad after a busy day I could barely walk and its just completely gone, I did two full head highlights yesterday both of which were rinsed over the side of a bath and at the end of the day nothing to ache at all. I feel like a different person I'm so happy and positive, I have loads of enthusiasm now and I just wanna run around and enjoy myself instead of being on edge and slightly depressed, I'm not feeling as tired as I had been, I was so sleepy last night and was lying in bed at 11pm and saying that all I wanted to do was go and jump on a trampoline. Love being me again, I hope it lasts!xx

Glad you are feeling better Beanhead, it's amazing what few extra hormones can do to someone! Do you plan to try something different instead? x

Mine won't be going back in for a while as I found out last week i'm pregnant :) but I do plan on having the coil back in afterwards x

Glad you are feeling better Beanhead, it's amazing what few extra hormones can do to someone! Do you plan to try something different instead? x

Mine won't be going back in for a while as I found out last week i'm pregnant :) but I do plan on having the coil back in afterwards x

Wow congratulations, this is a real one and not an phantom one this time?
I don't plan on having anything at the mo, have using artificial hormone contraceptions for about 13 years without a break so wanted to give my body a break, we are ready to start trying for a baby but have a holiday booked for November so thought it would be best to wait till we get back before trying.
Xx

Latest posts

Back