Misophonia

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouisaB

Reaction score
Does anyone else have this? It is majorly effecting my life and I don't know what to do. I can't bear to sit near anyone eating, drinking. I hate breathing noises, swallowing. I notice the smallest noises and it makes me angry, want to cry and I have to leave the room. I have to sleep with earphones in . I don't know if there is anything I can do but it's driving me insane and everyone around me gets annoyed that I find every noise annoying :(

Hi, the first thing is don't feel alone. The second is get some help...see your GP and get referred for CBT therapy.
I've suffered anxiety and the best thing anyone said to me was "what's the worst that can happen?" This made me think about what had triggered my anxiety in the first place and really helped me.
Big hugs to you, you are not alone xxx

Hi, the first thing is don't feel alone. The second is get some help...see your GP and get referred for CBT therapy.
I've suffered anxiety and the best thing anyone said to me was "what's the worst that can happen?" This made me think about what had triggered my anxiety in the first place and really helped me.
Big hugs to you, you are not alone xxx
Thank you lovely, I've joined a support group on Facebook. Finally realised it's not just me being over sensitive ! I will certainly speak to my GP. Thank you xxx

My daughter suffers from this. You can learn coping strategies but if it's really bad, she has to remove herself from the situation.

Good luck x

I wonder if hypnotherapy would help something like this?? People say they can overcome fears and give up life long habits after it, maybe its worth asking advice on that? I don't know anything about the condition but it sounds awful. I hope you find a way to cope soon.

Yes! I cannot bear the sound of somebody whistling their nose or sniffing i cannot sit at the table at dinner with my family. Even people outside who do these things i just look at them in anger it drives me crazy so i normally leave the room

Awful isn't it :( I can't bear to b next to anyone who is eating or breathing heavily, I even sit in the other room when my family I eating Christmas dinner! Wasn't until recently I even knew it was such a thing. My family used to think I was just stress and awkward lol. Hard to explain to someone unless they know... Horrible how it effects you, upsetting but it even effects mine and my husband's sleeping arrangements xx

So my boyfriend is getting really annoyed at me for being agitated by him and it's ruining our relationship. It sparks so many arguments and I try so hard not to get annoyed at him and he says it's my issue and I just need to get over it :'(

Latest posts

Back