Mixing different acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamLR

Reaction score
Im going to try and keep this as simple and quick as possible but this is my situation...

Im currently doing a trial at a tanning/nail shop. I am a qualified nail tech and tomorrow I have in a lady for acrylic infills. Today I found out that the nails she has on have been done by a NSS. Im guessing one of the receptionists has persuaded to come for her infills. Now I voiced my concerns to the owner (who had no background in beauty or nails) I told her that im a bit concerned about doing the infills tomorrow as 1. the acrylics are different (and im pretty sure your not meant to mix incase of reaction) and 2. All acrylics are different so even a slight colour difference with clearly show shes had infills done elsewhere.
Plus Ive heard this lady who usually comes in for a sunbed is very fussy and she thought we used airbrushing and drills.

Im now really worried about doing this tomorrow and feel I shouldn't do it as I dont want it to affect my reputation as a nail tech and also give the shop a bad name. When I voiced my concerns to the owner she just said well give her infills if thats what she wants but im guessing no one has actually told herwhat problems could arise or she may of just decided to go back to where she usually goes or had them taken off and come back!

What do I do?!?!

ps sorry for the long rant!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not mixing systems if products are already cured so you are ok there.

You need to buff away any lifting as you would a normal rebalance, then use a cover powder/gel to masque any imperfections or colour difference there may be.

Latest posts

Back